Confirmed: Martinez New Everton Manager - All Reaction Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
He comes across as the type of fella who you want to manage your team. Seems to talk sence and conducts himself well.

COME ON BERT LAD.

We have to remember that Villa and Liverpool were trying to get him, I bet he had other offers as well. He was well sought after. Bill could have easily been scared off due to Wigan going down but i'm glad the board didn't.

We have to remember that Villa and Liverpool were trying to get him, I bet he had other offers as well. He was well sought after. Bill could have easily been scared off due to Wigan going down but i'm glad the board didn't.

You martinez's agent? If you are I shall FUME if we end up 10th this season

What I would be happy with next season would be top 12 finish with signs of something good to come. He needs a bedding in period and I would be happy to not finish that high next season as long as it was due to being accustomised to a new approach.

What I would be happy with next season would be top 12 finish with signs of something good to come. He needs a bedding in period and I would be happy to not finish that high next season as long as it was due to being accustomised to a new approach.
Top 12? I'll take top half, at a push, but 12th would be a disgrace with this squad, even with a few top players leaving.

We shouldn't be dropping outside of 8th.. We've havn't done that for 7 years and our squad is better than it has been in a long time. If we do then he has not done well in the league.

Add a couple of players with killer instinct and we wouldn't have to work so hard to grind out results. A combination of Moyes' graft and Martinez's going forward seems like a good mix.

Very few mangers could have got the same out of that squad like Moyes did. Not to mention half the team is 30 or over

I think people underestimate the impact of Moyes on getting those top half' Martinez won't come down so hard on players like Moyes did completely different style, which is why the cl comments look like it is based on finishes Moyes had

Last edited:
Steve Clarke came in at WBA and got a good league finish, same with laudrup.

I see no reason why we should finish lower than 7th. If Martinez is wise, which I think he is, he will not change everything quickly. He will slowly change the way we play whilst maintaining at minimum still being better than your west broms swansea's ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.