Confirmed: Martinez New Everton Manager - All Reaction Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has the loyalty of a goldfish.

And his ego is fcking amazing, considering hes done fck all as a Manager.

Cant stand him; especially after the big nosed **** sent out the reserves to play Liverpool. And he obviously thought himself a cut above taking on the Everton job by the way he distanced himself from it.

High hopes for next season and beyond. I've been a blue since the days of Billy Bingham and I can't remember there being such a buzz around about a new manager - maybe someone will tell me I am wrong but I don't even remember it for Howard Kendall (first time round).

Let's see some of the promising youngsters on the books getting brought through a little more quickly than under Moyes, and some new blood would be good too. I have no problem with certain Wigan players coming to us - the better ones obviously, as long as they are value for money and sweat blood for EFC. Since Wigan's scouts are used to scouring the planet for decent well priced talent (and I don't remember seeing any of them in the papers for the wrong reasons), I'm hopeful that he'll spend Bill's "few quid" wisely.

What I would be happy with next season would be top 12 finish with signs of something good to come. He needs a bedding in period and I would be happy to not finish that high next season as long as it was due to being accustomised to a new approach.

Ahh. Artetafans army is growing.

I do hope Kenwright gave him a tough interview - asking about his weaknesses etc...If you were an animal what animal would you be and all that jazz

I do hope Kenwright gave him a tough interview - asking about his weaknesses etc...If you were an animal what animal would you be and all that jazz

Hahah. We were bloody lucky to get him if BK put him through that.

Just watching one of my recorded MOTDs, Wigan thrashing Newcastle 4-0 is one of the most brilliant performances. If he could get Di Santo and Shaun Maloney looking like Ibrahimovic and Pastore / Mandzukic and Robben then imagine what he could do with us.

Edit: just watching the one where they beat the ****e, absolutely class - also the week we beat Swansea 0-2 away, (24th March 2012 for those interested) and I know there's no guarentees but how great would it be to see Jelavic slotting again? I've missed it so much.

Edit 2: then again, got round to Everton v Man City... what a phenomanal display of determination, energy, passion, fight, bite, strength and quality that was. I gushed over it at the time, and it still brings a warm feeling now. Goodison was like a snake pit, snarlingly brilliant, and Moyes instilled that spirit perfectly in the players. I hope we never ever lose that, because it was magnificent. In credit to Martinez, I saw his players give a thoroughly good account of themselves in similar fashion against Man City (in the league especially, rather than the cup which was a sheer footballing victory) and even though they lost 0-2 (in the league) they were terrific for large portions of the game, chasing and harrying with great intensity. Moyes gave us some real Celtic bite when we needed it. And though that left us with some pretty poor displays when a defter touch was required, it also gifted us some fantastic games over the last 10 years. Utd 1-0 springs to mind as the standout, but there were many others.

Last edited:
Good attitude from Jagielka. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-captain-phil-jagielka-4186549

Phil Jagielka excited to work with new boss Roberto Martinez

Phil Jagielka says he is excited at the prospect of working under new Everton boss Roberto Martinez – but admits there will be some uncertainty amongst the squad at first.
The new Blues skipper says he is looking forward to forging a strong working relationship with his new manager.
“It’s always exciting when a new manager joins a football club,” Jagielka said.
“You never quite know what to expect but all you can do as a player is keep working hard, keep doing what you do best and hope that it will be enough to impress the new man.
“I don’t know a great deal about the new gaffer personally, but whenever our paths have crossed he always seems to be a really nice guy.
“I am sure our fans will welcome him with open arms. He has a very good CV as a manager and he obviously impressed the chairman enough for him to be offered the Everton job. I am really looking forward to working with him.”
Jagielka admitted there will be some apprehension amongst the Everton players initially, as they look to impress the new man in charge.
“Of course, there will be a bit of uncertainty amongst the lads at first,” he said. “You never quite know if you’re the new manager’s type of player but he mentioned me as his captain when he spoke to the press so that was nice to hear.
“We don’t yet know how he will work, how he will do things, but it’s part and parcel of being a footballer. Managers, just like players, come and go and changes are made along the way.
“We’ve got a great squad of players and I am sure one or two more will join us before the start of the season, so it’s up to us to make sure the boss gets off to a good start.”

Status
Not open for further replies.