Confirmed: Martinez New Everton Manager - All Reaction Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is strange - I'm really excited about next season now. Bit like waiting at the start of a mega ride at Alton Towers though as I'm sure we'll see more excitement but less predictability than under Moyes.
this is why its exciting. i definetly needed a change. i really lost my enthusiasm after we abandoned our early season attacking mode. i'm really excited and lookingforward. the more i hear from roberto the more i like the guy. he seems to understand what he needs to do, lets see if he can achieve it!

''It [the Champions League] has to be the dream. At a club you have to be moved by an ambition. If you don’t think high, you’ll never achieve. It’s not going to be easy but we need to have those dreams''.

Spot on bobby. If he had said yesterday 'id be happy with 8th' we would all be sat here fkin devastated with the appointment.

For me, the lads a winner and unlike Moyes he genuinely seems to beleive he can win us something and get us places instead of the beleif were punching above our weight.

I absolutely cannot wait for the season to start.

''It [the Champions League] has to be the dream. At a club you have to be moved by an ambition. If you don’t think high, you’ll never achieve. It’s not going to be easy but we need to have those dreams''.

Spot on bobby. If he had said yesterday 'id be happy with 8th' we would all be sat here fkin devastated with the appointment.

For me, the lads a winner and unlike Moyes he genuinely seems to beleive he can win us something and get us places instead of the beleif were punching above our weight.

I absolutely cannot wait for the season to start.

Set himself an unrealistic target and the season hasn't even started'it will take at least one season to adapt to his style of play, switching formations and players regularly on top of that new signings bedding in

Its as if he has looked at the finishes moyes has had and has thought one or two new players and we can get top 4 without even seeing the type of players we have or realise how hard Moyes had to work to get the players to grind out results

Set himself an unrealistic target and the season hasn't even started'it will take at least one season to adapt to his style of play, switching formations and players regularly on top of that new signings bedding in

Its as if he has looked at the finishes moyes has had and has thought one or two new players and we can get top 4 without even seeing the type of players we have or realise how hard Moyes had to work to get the players to grind out results
Add a couple of players with killer instinct and we wouldn't have to work so hard to grind out results. A combination of Moyes' graft and Martinez's going forward seems like a good mix.

I hope he doesn't try to change our style of play too much too quickly. Look at what happened at Liverpool when Rodgers came in – he tried to get them playing his passing game over the space of a summer and it took them until the final third of the season to start playing cohesively. Gradual change is the way forward

I hope he doesn't try to change our style of play too much too quickly. Look at what happened at Liverpool when Rodgers came in – he tried to get them playing his passing game over the space of a summer and it took them until the final third of the season to start playing cohesively. Gradual change is the way forward

There's not that much he needs to change though, we played some really good footbll at times last season, in particular when Fellaini played further back. He just needs to keep Fellaini in CM if he stays and we should be playing more or less as we want. When we kept the ball on the ground last season, our football was excellent, it's when we reverted to hoofing it we played poorly, with one or two exceptions.

I think I'm in love with him. His smiley face makes me melt and his words are like beautiful violins playing a soothing song.

Hes so educated, he has an awe about him that makes me believe everything he says. In Martinez I Trust!

One point - Martinez is much easier to understand than Moyes. At least to these untrained ears.

Good that I won't have to be looking for subtitles after matches to get the gaffer's view.

I am sanguine. Events will support or negate this trend. Looking forward to some good football.

COYB.

big chunk of managing a club is how you represent us, may seem trivial but a positive feeling throughout the club, especially the players and fans makes it a lot harder for things to go wrong. he has scored ten out of ten here. for the last four years he has been at a club where home advantage means virtually sod all and he has already talked about how important it is we remain dominant at home. he must be chuffed at the thought of a crowd baying for the blood of the mancs or rs as we flow forward, even the Kenwright champions league thing has made it clear that its 'us against them'. the media don't like us and all their complements through Moyes reign were just patronising. let's shove their plucky, workmanlike nearly men sh*t down their throats. feeling buoyed and cocky, wish I was good enough to be playing

big chunk of managing a club is how you represent us, may seem trivial but a positive feeling throughout the club, especially the players and fans makes it a lot harder for things to go wrong. he has scored ten out of ten here. for the last four years he has been at a club where home advantage means virtually sod all and he has already talked about how important it is we remain dominant at home. he must be chuffed at the thought of a crowd baying for the blood of the mancs or rs as we flow forward, even the Kenwright champions league thing has made it clear that its 'us against them'. the media don't like us and all their complements through Moyes reign were just patronising. let's shove their plucky, workmanlike nearly men sh*t down their throats. feeling buoyed and cocky, wish I was good enough to be playing

Good post mate. Hes always impressed me and i was a bit disappointed when it looked like he was going to the RS as hes got class and intelligence...things I dont associate with them. Whatever some peoples misgivings about him, I think it will be a two way thing...he will bring out the best in us ...and us him. Regardless of the Wigan went down thing, the Premiership will see the best of RM with us. Bring it on.

An Arsenal fan text SSN and stated he wish he was replacing Wenga as Arsenals manager as he wanted to see exciting football & could not believe some EFC fans were complaining about the appointment - lets go to Anfield and attack and win not comments about going to a gunfight with a knife & three centre half's on the bench & the younger players given a chance!

I might be the only one but I'm glad he failed at Wigan.
It was bound to happen to him sooner or later and it's better he did it there than here.
The only true way to learn and gain experience is through failure. As long as you look at why you failed and how you can prevent it happening again.
Does anyone remember Moyes at the beginning of his Everton career? Rumours of confrontations with senior players and "losing the dressing room".
He learned not to be so disciplinarian and softened his attitude, brought in the lies of Cahill and Neville and built a deep team ethos that has players like Jagielka, Baines, Coleman and even Fellaini who love the club along with Osman and Hibbert who are the club in the dressing room. I'm certain that Martinez will immerse himself in that ethos.
He needs to learn to accept defeat personally and to be tougher on his players as that will be expected of him from the dressing room here.
He is young but with 4 years premier league experience already with a philosophy that has a genuine chance of getting us into those coveted CL spots.
If he drops the ball here, he's finished as a top-flight manager. He will be a journeyman for the rest of his career. Think Dave Jones, Curbishly, Warnock and Mark Hughes. That will be his future if he fails with the biggest opportunity of his life at Everton, a club set to challenge the status quo or drift off into permanent mediocrity.
For all those who say he's going to relegate us - behave!
We finished 10 pts behind Arsenal in 4th and 14 points above West Brom in 8th. 14 points!
If he had this year's team, he could have gone balls-out in those 16 drawn games, won 6 and lost 6 and been even closer to Arsenal or lost all 12 and still finish above West Brom!!
Same goes for Reading and Norwich. Instead of dropping deep, he might have chosen to go for the kill and picked us up the 6 pts needed.
Who really knows though, until he has a go. Give him the chance and let's enjoy the ride.

I'm so excited like it's my first season again.

Oh and as for the crackhead who said sack him if we're in the bottom half by Christmas. You're obviously too young to remember Howard Kendall. He was one game from the sack and look what he achieved. I was there for every game home and away back then including the 0-5 home defeat by the sh*te so I will always give a manager the benefit of the doubt if he has what it takes but hasn't yet got there.
I believe RM has what it takes. Only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.