Cautious optimism for the future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope from what we see , hear and read that Roberto is here for the long haul ala Ferguson at Man U. Do hope the likes of Barca or Real do not start Chinese whispers to tempt him.

For me he is making better noises than our EX did when he started.

I think Arsenal would be the ones to try and poach him - the way they play is so similar that even the fat man from Uzbekistan who runs that shower could spot it.

Europa - Winners (have a feeling in my waters about this one, a lot of special European glory nights coming to Goodison methinks)
League - Fifth or Sixth
FA Cup - Fourth Round
League Cup - Fifth Round

I'd take 5th again if we could win a cup... and don't laugh, but I have a sneaky gut feeling that El Bob fancies our chances in the Europa League too. The way he has us playing should get us beyond the group stage and then the deeper we go, he might be tempted to concentrate on it as it;'s the backdoor route to the CL.

I do hope from what we see , hear and read that Roberto is here for the long haul ala Ferguson at Man U. Do hope the likes of Barca or Real do not start Chinese whispers to tempt him.

For me he is making better noises than our EX did when he started.

Real are a team of Galacticos and need to be managed by a Galacticos manager.

Barca will probably stick with Enrique for the next 3 seasons. He's not an outsider and everyone sort of accepts Barca are slightly in transition this year.

Martinez won't be poached by those clubs unless he wins something big like the Europa League or the actual Premier League.

The bigger threat is closer to home... Arsenal. And I don't see Martinez leaving us for them, not for a good number of years.

The bigger threat is closer to home... Arsenal. And I don't see Martinez leaving us for them, not for a good number of years.

^^ Agree 100%. I called Arsenal very early last season, but I wasn't in this forum yet so I can't prove it...

Ferguson retires > Manure take Everton's manager.
Arsehead retires > Arsenal take Everton's manager.
It seemed inevitable.

This was back when I was doom and gloom though - now I am so ****ing giddy that I think it won't matter... Arsenal won't be a tempting prospect for Everton's manager by the time Wenger finally stops managing and takes up his place on the referees advisory board.

Last edited:
We were all optimistic at one point and then Pessimism broke in, stole our Playstation and we won't be making that mistake again thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.