Carsley: Club doesn’t need me

Status
Not open for further replies.
great player i hope he doesnt leave iam sure he will be in our starting 11 hes not the best player in the squad but he gives 100% every time.. hes our rock and no players have been able to take that role off him well done super lee

There are better players out there than Carsley. We'll miss his character and battling qualities for sure but he's replaceable.

Thats the coldest thing Ive heard from anyone in ages.

Replaceable

You sound like one of those big green evil things from Hitchhikers guide.

Go outside and shake yourself.

regardless of whether we get someone else in i'd still like Carsley to be at Goodison next season. Top player. Does his job. end of.

It could be a sign that we're going to see a lot more of Neville in midfield...

Its funny Neville finally seems pretty settled at RB over the past few weeks and now we are going to be asking him to switch positions again.

Hopefully we can get Cars to sign a 1 year contract. Though I think a smaller team will offer him a few years. Class act and always a Blue.

It's comments like those from Carsley that make me want him to stay and Reidy, you hit it spot on, "Model Pro."

I have no problem with us signing him for another year and have him compete for his position.

Worst case we've got a quality and known quanity to back up the position and someone who can help Moyes out as well in the dressing room.

I think it's a no brainer to bring him back.

i reckon he's just the guy to keep ego's down and stop any young players we sign or bring through from getting big headed, true we need to be signing young players but a couple of older heads are needed to guide them, i reckon phil neville would be good in a similar role too. we need to keep their feet on the ground or they all end up like cadamaterri etc.
i'm not saying put him out to grass just yet though he can still do a job on the pitch as well, and if he manages the young ones around him he can have them doing the donkey work for him.....delegation.

i hear when he got taken off the players claped him off ??? hes been brilliant for us up there with weir and stubbs over the last 7 years . i personally hope he stays he doesnt have to many off games

I'd like to keep him as back up. He'd be useful coming in and doing a job aswell as keeping the dressing room lively.

If he's a starter in the team I'll be pissed off though. He should have been replaced a few years ago because he is quite frankly not up to the standard we should be aiming for.

Excellent servant for the club though and whether he stays or leaves I wish him well.:)
Same here..if he played justa few games he'd be worth it.

i reckon he's just the guy to keep ego's down and stop any young players we sign or bring through from getting big headed, true we need to be signing young players but a couple of older heads are needed to guide them, i reckon phil neville would be good in a similar role too. we need to keep their feet on the ground or they all end up like cadamaterri etc.
i'm not saying put him out to grass just yet though he can still do a job on the pitch as well, and if he manages the young ones around him he can have them doing the donkey work for him.....delegation.

Completely agree. Carsley is an excellent character and would be useful next season. If you read any of the other players interviews they always mention Cars as one of the leaders.

I could see another season from him, he may be not as sharp as he used to be, but he still capable playing most of our games and we would be just as busy next season, so his replacement could play most of the league matches and he could play in Cups games and rotate at time to get some rest.

It's true we don't need him, but I don't want to rush with the changes we needed quality players in and we also needed number and if we lose so many at once we going to need another summer to make up and add more number of quality player to our squad.

He is an experience player for us which could help his potential replacement settle in.

I think this season has been his best for Everton and he deserves one more. There's been times when he's been painful to watch in the past but maybe that beacuse im desperate to see great football again. With the money thats been available to us hes been worth his weight easily. Always puts in 100% and you cant ask for more than that.

Last edited:
Reading into his recent comments and the way he was taken of with five mins to go to get a personal reception, tells me that unfortunately this is the end of his Everton career. I think he stayed this season as he personaly felt he had unfinished buisness at the club by playing in Europe. I think he will move to Derby, he is a midlands lad, has history there and is very much a family man!

what an enigma he has been form the moment he signed he has been the subject of criticsim and praise in equal measure! Great servant.

i hear when he got taken off the players claped him off ??? hes been brilliant for us up there with weir and stubbs over the last 7 years . i personally hope he stays he doesnt have to many off games

Yeh they all clapped him off and every single fan gave him a standing ovation.

Status
Not open for further replies.