Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we buying him and spending what's left of our money on a reserve player? Makes absolutely no sense to me, and is a completely underwhelming signing.

Are there literally no central midfielders aside from Adam who can be bought for the same price to add extra competition to Gibson and Fellaini? Why sign a left back when Baines has probably four more years at the top of his game left?

Baffling.

I dont think centre mid is a problem, heitinga, osman, neville, barkley and pienaar can all play there

Why is everyone whinging?

He's not Charlie Adam and that's pretty much good enough for me.

I've never seen this lad play, as i'm sure the majority of you haven't either. Moyes has sent scouts over, he's been to see him play.

If we get him we can all judge him then.

This. Emphatically.

Everyone questioning the price and saying "too much for a reserve LB" would do well to pause and remind themselves how much we paid for Baines.... who arrived as a reserve LB and sat on the bench for a season watching Lescott.

Everyone saying we have Distin to cover LB should consider the possibility that he might not have much more than 18 months left in him. And also that he is our best starting CB.

By bringing Oviedo in we can let Garbutt go out on loan for a bit more development, which will be better than having him sit on the bench while Baines starts every game.

I just can't comprehend the view that Neville and Distin are all the cover we need for LB.
Phenomanally sensible

This. Emphatically.

Everyone questioning the price and saying "too much for a reserve LB" would do well to pause and remind themselves how much we paid for Baines.... who arrived as a reserve LB and sat on the bench for a season watching Lescott.

Everyone saying we have Distin to cover LB should consider the possibility that he might not have much more than 18 months left in him. And also that he is our best starting CB.

By bringing Oviedo in we can let Garbutt go out on loan for a bit more development, which will be better than having him sit on the bench while Baines starts every game.

I just can't comprehend the view that Neville and Distin are all the cover we need for LB.

Well said mate - have some rep.

£5m? a white costa rican(?) BEATEN WEST BROM off?

HEE HAWW HEEE HAWW

Why is everyone whinging?

He's not Charlie Adam and that's pretty much good enough for me.

I've never seen this lad play, as i'm sure the majority of you haven't either. Moyes has sent scouts over, he's been to see him play.

If we get him we can all judge him then.
I don't follow the Danish league much, but I'm quite sure that there are no players there who are good enough for us. But then again I don't really follow

Rapid 22 year old international left back who was one of the best players in the u20 world cup.

I imagine if he played for a european national team he'd be 10mil+....furthermore who is the natural cover for Baines and Piennar ?

I'd say we have these natural left sided players;

Baines
Pienaar
Gueye
Mirallas

Of which Gueye isnt good enough to be consistent 1st choice and Mirallas will most likely be used in a variety of positions.

If Baines and Pienaar were both injured then we'd be struggling.

If he's 2mil he would be a great price for young cover.....if hes 5mil then I'll be hoping for something exciting from him in the future.

Moyes has been following the lad for 18 months. Man U seriously considered him. I think our manager has earned some trust and respect from us. If this happens then Moyes thinks he will improve our squad and that is good enough for me. I think we will still see a CM on loan/cheap and a young wide player (someone like Kennedy) to develop in the u-21s. If this is what happens we would be stronger on deadline day than we were last day of last season and that would be FAR better than I and many others feared when we came into the summer. Glass definitely half full for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.