Biggest Disappointment This Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Disappointment" isn't the right word for this thread, I think...there's literally nothing Everton can do that will disappoint me, as I either saw it coming from a f*cking mile off or we've been there before.

The biggest disappointment for me and which a few others have mentioned is Jelavic. I'm viewing the fantastic half season he had last year as a purple patch, a one off. I genuinely believe now that this season has, well, not exposed him exactly, but more rather highlighted his limitations.

I'm certain if he'd have reproduced 70%-80% of last seasons form we would now be well and truly ensconced in the Top 4, possibly in the cup final and not talking about players/manager leaving to go elsewhere. The knock-on effect of his downturn has been truly felt this season.

The biggest disappointment for me and which a few others have mentioned is Jelavic. I'm viewing the fantastic half season he had last year as a purple patch, a one off. I genuinely believe now that this season has, well, not exposed him exactly, but more rather highlighted his limitations.

I'm certain if he'd have reproduced 70%-80% of last seasons form we would now be well and truly ensconced in the Top 4, possibly in the cup final and not talking about players/manager leaving to go elsewhere. The knock-on effect of his downturn has been truly felt this season.

What a username that is...

I agree that his form has had a bearing, BUT, If our Cat had been better for the first half of the season, if we didn't concede daft goals almost weekly on our run of draws,If Moyles had been a bit bolder with subs at times etc. could reasonably point to any of them too.

Other than Wigan

Pienaar 2013, I love the guy but when he is not on his game he is anonymous and all his little flicks and tricks fail to come off and just frustrate the life out of you.

John Heitinga. I just hate the guy these days, his heartless performances against Villa and West Brom were shocking, I hate the 'cheer leading' I hate the pretend hard man image, and on top of all that. I just hate him

On the plus side I think in Seamus Coleman was finally have a right back, since Gary Stevens left we have not had a right back who was any better than average. I like Hibbo, I didnt mind Neville at right back back two seasons ago but in between them we have had some absolute shockers ( Hottinger, Jacabson, O'Kane, Thomas, Barrett, McDonald, Ward, Holmes.. there are plenty more as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.