Best individual performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slight tangent, but that save from Fellaini by Given was world class. He is a very high quality keeper.
As for Fellaini, he can take MOTM for every game for the rest of the season, Pienaar might go under the radar then and we can snag him for another 5 years.

He has been our best player this season so far, and that performance just elevated him to player of the season in January.

I think Saha's goals have made a greater contribution overall this season, but Fellaini has been immense of late. He is finally looking like a £15m player (as in when £15m would buy you a world class player, not a journeyman).

Slight tangent, but that save from Fellaini by Given was world class. He is a very high quality keeper.
As for Fellaini, he can take MOTM for every game for the rest of the season, Pienaar might go under the radar then and we can snag him for another 5 years.

Me and my mate where discussing this, right before Pienaar slotted his Freekick in, Given is an outstanding Keeper and he was beaten by a quality FK and a Pen. It takes something special to beat Shay, most of the time.

Disagree with a lot of it.

Basically reads as "He was crap, now he's good"

I translate that as, you are fickle.

As I said time and time again last season, his age, his price tag, coming from a foreign league and speaking no English into a poor, demoralised side at the start of last season, playing alongside a young Jack Rodwell (not ideal for Fellainis own development), without a pre-season, not given a consecutive position to make his own, playing through injuries... and yet, making an impact to finish the season as our leading goalscorer. That alone was an indication of what the lad was truly capable of. He got some vital goals (Man Utd and Bolton in the dying seconds to name just two). Without him, we wouldn't have finished 5th, or arguably got past Middlesbrough in the FA Cup.

He was never, ever poor. He just needed a bit of time to show fickle fans what he was truly capable of.

These fans need to learn before looking equally as soft with Bilyaletdinov.

I'll wait to make my own post like this in 3 years when Rodwell is one of the best midfielders in the country.

And besides, people like me who've not liked him in the past, didn't think he had a bad first season. I thought he had a great first season, I just think the first 3 months of this season he was one of the worst players I've ever seen, who couldn't run, tackle or pass.

I'll wait to make my own post like this in 3 years when Rodwell is one of the best midfielders in the country.

And besides, people like me who've not liked him in the past, didn't think he had a bad first season. I thought he had a great first season, I just think the first 3 months of this season he was one of the worst players I've ever seen, who couldn't run, tackle or pass.

Lost here?

Rodwells massively rated, and rightly so. Everyone knows he's got a good future in the game. Fellaini wasn't.

In fact, I've never seen an Everton player so verbally abused at the match, in pubs and on message boards.

Lost here?

Rodwells massively rated, and rightly so. Everyone knows he's got a good future in the game. Fellaini wasn't.

In fact, I've never seen an Everton player so verbally abused at the match, in pubs and on message boards.

Purely aimed at you mate. We've all seen the way you've had a go at Rodwell in the past, despite the fact that you could come up with several excuses for why he wasn't a world beater right away too lol. I think if you're gonna lecture people about not being fickle towards a young player who hasn't fulfilled his potential yet, you should try it.

Is all I'm sayin'.

Purely aimed at you mate. We've all seen the way you've had a go at Rodwell in the past, despite the fact that you could come up with several excuses for why he wasn't a world beater right away too lol. I think if you're gonna lecture people about not being fickle towards a young player who hasn't fulfilled his potential yet, you should try it.

Is all I'm sayin'.

Woah. Touchy.

Regarding Rodwell. Behave, I suggest you search my posts for 'Rodwell'. My thoughts on Rodwell. Not yet ready to be starting week in, week out, but definitely one for the future. I've said many a times I think he could develop to be of Carricks standing (or Rijkaard) Time will tell.

lolz..

Did D actually diss Rodwell or has Mr TxB bent some truth?

Either way, I agree with D, Fellaini took a hammering, all over the show. I doubt now you could find 2-3 Everton fans who dont think hes the best player since Zidane.

Ive said sorry for my short sighted actions and hope that 1 day, Le Monstre, will find it in his heart to forgive me.

Status
Not open for further replies.