Best individual performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tons of praise on here as well there should be after yesterdays performance. It is not a matter of a star is born rather than a star can now play in his true position and surprise surprise he is awesome. Some say it was one of there best performances by a guy in blue for 20 years, there have been few better in my 50 plus years.

A thread recently asked if we are going to do something shortly as a team, I replied by saying that every EFC instinct I have says yes, I also said we would beat this lot and we did. Our team can go a long long way but................and here is the snag............we must keep them together.................those with the money will be wanting Felli, they will have erections after that performance yesterday. To keep him with our limited budget we must invest any surplus money we have, not on more players but rather on wages, we the fans have a duty to make players feel wanted. We can only try and match wages elsewhere, players wanting to play at a club is a team spirit thing................IT IS DOWN TO EVERY BLUE TO PULL TOGETHER TO KEEP THIS TEAM TOGETHER including paying more at the turnstile. As for the usual suspects moaning about a lack of investment..........IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

Tons of praise on here as well there should be after yesterdays performance. It is not a matter of a star is born rather than a star can now play in his true position and surprise surprise he is awesome. Some say it was one of there best performances by a guy in blue for 20 years, there have been few better in my 50 plus years.

A thread recently asked if we are going to do something shortly as a team, I replied by saying that every EFC instinct I have says yes, I also said we would beat this lot and we did. Our team can go a long long way but................and here is the snag............we must keep them together.................those with the money will be wanting Felli, they will have erections after that performance yesterday. To keep him with our limited budget we must invest any surplus money we have, not on more players but rather on wages, we the fans have a duty to make players feel wanted. We can only try and match wages elsewhere, players wanting to play at a club is a team spirit thing................IT IS DOWN TO EVERY BLUE TO PULL TOGETHER TO KEEP THIS TEAM TOGETHER including paying more at the turnstile. As for the usual suspects moaning about a lack of investment..........IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

Fantastic post, not to drag up the old debate, but mainly the reason why i though the ground move was important! That 5 mill would have went a long way to pushing our wage ceiling up and keeping this team together. Would break my heart to loose another player like Lescott.

Really? Your bringing up Kirkby??

/hangs head.

Not really, just that increaseing revenue of any significance is going to allow us to be competitive in keeping what we have in terms of wages. I wonder if Lescott would have went if we were able to manage the finacial package City obviously hooked him with.

Which i think overall was the point Monts was making.

Great post! he is a class act and i too always knew he had the talent and Moyes has managed to get it out of him. Your right though we do have to curb our expectations and not get on players backs when things aren't going there way! he's a blue and hopefully will be for a long time! Top quality of late! as moyes said on current form the best CM in the country maybe!

Not really, just that increaseing revenue of any significance is going to allow us to be competitive in keeping what we have in terms of wages. I wonder if Lescott would have went if we were able to manage the finacial package City obviously hooked him with.

Which i think overall was the point Monts was making.

Well I dont think either of us wish to go over all this again. Lets just move on. But City doubled his wages, if we are to beleive the storys, we cant afford to do that, even if we had Wembley.

Fellaini was assured in possession, instrumental at seeing and dealing with any City danger and posed a goal threat, particularly in the air as shown by one late header that was clawed on to the woodwork by Shay Given.

Gone was the player who could at times look a lost and lonely soul in games, replaced by a confident and dominating presence that helped Everton give City a going over that is not reflected in the scoreline.

A few swallows do not make a summer and Fellaini must keep producing consistently, but he is now playing to a level plenty of Everton fans never thought he would attain.

Nail, head.

Disagree with a lot of it.

Basically reads as "He was crap, now he's good"

I translate that as, you are fickle.

As I said time and time again last season, his age, his price tag, coming from a foreign league and speaking no English into a poor, demoralised side at the start of last season, playing alongside a young Jack Rodwell (not ideal for Fellainis own development), without a pre-season, not given a consecutive position to make his own, playing through injuries... and yet, making an impact to finish the season as our leading goalscorer. That alone was an indication of what the lad was truly capable of. He got some vital goals (Man Utd and Bolton in the dying seconds to name just two). Without him, we wouldn't have finished 5th, or arguably got past Middlesbrough in the FA Cup.

He was never, ever poor. He just needed a bit of time to show fickle fans what he was truly capable of.

These fans need to learn before looking equally as soft with Bilyaletdinov.

The fact is, a lot of fans werent happy with his performances. We can only rate what we see on the pitch, he was given time, plenty of time, I only have to think back to the Benfica game to recall him playing like he had 2 left feet.

Its in some fans credit that they only saw the good, but I honestly think they ignored the very bad.

But yes, I agree, ive learnt my lesson, players MUST be given time and I for 1 have been saying all along that Billy must be given time, lesson, learnt for me.

If your looking at him as a centre midfielder then that's spot on really, his improvement has been excellent. He certainly didn't have a poor season, he was very effective as a second striker, but he was far from impressive in that position (centre midfield), and alot of fans saw that. He looked completely unsuited the role.

I'd also like to add that it wasn't just his 'doubters' that where saying this, alot of his 'fans' also didn't see him ever making the position his own, they saw him replacing Tim Cahill as a second striker. And there's alot of evidence of that across the Everton forum's.

Hopefully Danny will give Jack Rodwell the same amount of time and stop bashing him after every game, you bad basher you. :D

I think alot of it is down to Moyes to be fair.

You can see a lot of similarites between what Fellaini is becoming, to what Rodwell is, Arteta became, and you could say hopefully Billy.

Moyes brings in new players who arent 100% the finished article in the position they either played in a pervious club or at least want to play in. So he plays them in positions where their key strength's can be used.

In Fellaini's case, last season he would've been a liability as a defensive midfielder...so Moyes uses his height and eye for goal as well as his hold up play further up the pitch for him to get settled into the style of the english game, where his defensive responsibility is less so, so he can settle. He scored goals, created them, boosted his confidence but he also learned alot. Tackling, positional sense, using his lack of pace in his favour with his positioning....he had to mess them up and make mistakes to learn from them.

So he gets put into his favoured position after learning alot this season, confident in his ability and what he needs to do after a 1 season adjustment. Now he's found his role.

The similarities are there with Arteta, played on the wing for 2 seasons, dropped into central midfield with a full rounded game. Its happening with Rodwell, a centre half by trade, making mistakes and learning in a defensive midfield role prepping him for what he, and maybe Moyes, want him to be - the new Rio Ferdinand.

As for Bily...Moyes has said he doesnt know where Bily's best position is. He'll find it out, maybe not this season but at least next season just as Bily will adjust to the league.

Moyes, and Round for his part, are shaping these players well. It may take time and we may piss and moan...but in the end, its all part of the plan.

In Moyes we trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.