Barry,Barkley, Besic,McCarthy and Gibson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta go with Barkley and McCarthy for our strongest team with Naisy in the No.10 role.

Rotate in Besic and Barry when we see necessary. Would write Gibson off to be honest, I don't think we'll ever get him fully fit for long enoigh to see his true potential if he even has any.

Gotta go with Barkley and McCarthy for our strongest team with Naisy in the No.10 role.

Rotate in Besic and Barry when we see necessary. Would write Gibson off to be honest, I don't think we'll ever get him fully fit for long enoigh to see his true potential if he even has any.

I'd actually forgotten about him...

It often takes players a while to come from ACL injuries, it probably affected Naismith badly in his first season, so think it is worth giving Gibson a bit more time before write him off.

Howard
Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines
......Besic
McCarthy..............
..............Barkley
Naismith
Lukaku Mirallas

Fullbacks providing the width with Besic covering Baines and McCarthy covering Coleman

Bench:
Robles, Distin, Oviedo, Barry, McGeady, Eto'o, Kone
Squad:
Hibbert, Browning, Alcaraz, Garbutt, Gibson, Ledson, Osman, Pienaar, Atsu

I know it's all a bit football manager but just the formation I think which allows our best players to all fit in on the pitch together whilst also not playing anybody too much out of position.​

Last edited:
Well I'd say McCarthy and one of Besic or Barkley at the moment depending on who we're playing. I still think Barkley could be a no. 10 boss unlocker in time, more than an ever-increasingly ruthless Naismith. It's the wings that keep me up at night, the fear that hit me after that Mirallas tackle. We really need to sort out our wide midfield.

Play Barry as center back and Barkley+McCarthy in defensive midfield
(similar to Carrick as center back and Rooney+Fellaini in defensive midfield)

All the above proves how well Martinez has developed the midfield with shrewd signings ..Besic may prove to be an absolute steal at £4 million and Barry has been the fulcrum of Martinez early Everton sides, but may now become less essential as we develop. Its a nice problem to have, and all part of the long term plan, which must by now be more obvious even to the most impatient of supporters.

If only we could play 12 players we'd be laffin'

BTW, still pi55es me off the Gibbo hate. Last year he was our great hope and considered our greatest passer, now he has fallen from grace due to a few good games by a few younger lads. Gibbo has been unlucky but still has it.

Guinness is my guess.

Not written off, but his form this season (niggles or not) is well below last season. No way on earth he will be here for his 3 years, MLS calling.

You could say that about every player tbh. I think he still has lots to offer, especially when Europe comes back around

Status
Not open for further replies.