Baines on the wing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see us try a 4-4-2 occasionally. Maybe Baines on the left midfield of that would work, with McCarthy and Barkley in the middle.

Garbutt is definitely worth a start ahead of a lot of others this season.

If we don't change the way we play then there won't be much use even we have Mirallas back. Our passing and attacking play is way too slow.

I see no problem with Garbutt on the wing ahead of Baines at least once this season, for the one reason that we don't have anyone fit enough who could play there. Just like Coleman did, he could get used to playing but if he did make a mistake he would be in a less dangerous position and wouldn't effect his confidence.

Plus he has a left foot.

If it doesn't work we don't do it again, simple

Baines should stay at LB, coz he's, y'know, a defender.

Oviedo in front of him to overlap when both fit and on form.

Baines should stay at LB, coz he's, y'know, a defender.
Exactly. As we've seemed so lacklustre, with apparently so many issues at the moment, people are looking for answers.

Unfortunately, sometimes the obvious answers are ignored and people look for the more adventurous alternative.

One or two changes, including playing people in the right position and maybe some flexibility in formation, should ease some of our problems.

Playing more people in the wrong positions within a rigid and inflexible system, will just cause more issues.

I don't think it's a bad idea at all to look at playing Baines with Garbutt. I don't know which one would play further advanced though. At times we lack width high up the pitch and it would solve that problem.

Why are people saying Garbutt 'needs' to play?

Because there desperate!!

As someone mentioned, get our current personal playing in there correct posistions, build some confidence and get those 3 important guys (Stones, McCarthy, Miralass) back onto the pitch and things will soon look a lot different.

Luckily, the others have nearly been as poor as is so far this season so we're amazingly not out of the equasion YET!!

Oh and a decent winger in jan!!

Not sure why people are so aghast at the idea tbh. Would you play Baines on the left instead of Naismith, Barkley, Eto? It's a 100% yes from me - yet all those have played there this season.

It's then a question of if you would play Baines left wing instead of Pienaar and McGeady and I think that's worthy of debate tbh.

Only a few more weeks before the solution of the left winger problem is sorted

george-boyd-hull-city_3001562.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.