Baines on the wing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJONES9

Player Valuation: £50k
Here's my idea, Garbutt needs to play and we've no natural width on the left and we never have. Stick Baines on the wing, he's clever enough to create from there, he's good on the ball and has got a top left foot. Win win.

HOORAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been suggested a few times..not sure will work , its really annoying that we ahve 3 really good left backs..

We need to stop playing players on the wings who aren't wingers.

In all honestly I think it would work though but we just need to sort our [Poor language removed] out and start winning games before we start doing things like this.

Don't want to see either out there mate.

Possibly Oviedo as he has shown a bit of promise on the wing but Baines (like Coleman) plays far better on the overlap.

I think Baines is different to Coleman though, he's a lot more creative and a much better passer. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have a proper winger out there but just think Baines is a better option than Naismith or Barkely.

I think we should try the 5-4-1 in a cup game or something. Stones Jags Barry at the back with Coleman and Baines as sweepers. McCarthy in the holding role and then ross, kev and naismith behind lukaku.

If Baines was a winger... a true ( for a given value of true ) winger, he would've been playing at some stage on the wing, somewhere, for some one. All he is at best might be an old style wing half or a modern wingback.
all (all! ) he is is a player with a decent left foot when he beats the first man, who does a good 1-2, mostly with Pienaar, who needs games to get fit but needs to be fit to get games.

Baines has gone through a rough patch recently just as the whole team has. Earlier in the season he was easily one of our best players and despite the toshness of his corners his crossing was superb.

It's ridiculous to say that Garbutt must play. As much as I like the look of him he's had two good games.

Also for playing him on the wing one of our main problems this season is playing people out of position.

Status
Not open for further replies.