Baines on the wing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gareth Bale played left back for Southampton and spurs does he play left back at real? We do these professional footballers a disservice sometimes to think they can't play different positions. I would rather see garbutt and baines than baines and Various no: 10 who is mot interested in playing there. If we got back to having some legs in midfield our defending would improve also.

Gareth Bale played left back for Southampton and spurs does he play left back at real? We do these professional footballers a disservice sometimes to think they can't play different positions. I would rather see garbutt and baines than baines and Various no: 10 who is mot interested in playing there. If we got back to having some legs in midfield our defending would improve also.

Bale was mostly awful at left back IIRC.

Depends what you mean by "winger". I think that Baines or Oviedo would be worth a try on the left mid of a 4-3-3 system but not in our current 4-2-3-1.

Not too long ago we were all in love with Baines for not pushing a move to Manchest United, now he is getting thrown under the bus like an unwanted puppy at Christmas.

Another gash thread which betters my Christmas day ones. I really really need to up my game.

I've layed the gauntlet down now.

Beat my gashness.

I wouldn't mind seeing Garbutt get more game time.

If (and it's a big IF) we think Baines is out of form, then I'd agree with giving Garbutt a start. But I think I'd rather have Oviedo in front of him on the wing, not Baines.

Equally, this is all pointless as Martinez will never do it.

Garbutt has one decent game and he becomes the answer to all our problems

How do we know if we never play him? It's not like he's had one good game sandwiched in between a load of crap ones. For the record, he was good against Wolfsburg too, so that's 2 good games out of 2. A 100% record of good games for the first team. Sounds like he deserves more of a chance to me

How do we know if we never play him? It's not like he's had one good game sandwiched in between a load of crap ones. For the record, he was good against Wolfsburg too, so that's 2 good games out of 2. A 100% record of good games for the first team. Sounds like he deserves more of a chance to me
He was also the only player (perhaps Besic) who was excellent all through pre-season.

Again he's not a kid. He's 21 and should be seeing more game time.

I wouldn't mind seeing Garbutt get more game time.

If (and it's a big IF) we think Baines is out of form, then I'd agree with giving Garbutt a start. But I think I'd rather have Oviedo in front of him on the wing, not Baines.

Equally, this is all pointless as Martinez will never do it.

There's no if about it, he's been out of form for a year and a half now.

His play has slowed down and his set pieces are a waste of time. We'll be losing absolutely nothing by taking him out of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.