BACK TO UMBRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that people only buy a kit/shirt because of the club and not because of the manufacturer. Now, I'm no retailing expert, but could we not just set up a sweatshop somewhere in Asia and rake all the coin in for ourselves? We don't need a brand, we're brand Everton, init.

Before anybody raises ethics, I should point out that the majority of footy kits are probably churned out of sweatshops anyway.

I'll never understand why lids want a return to Umbro, their kits were ****e, it was only when we went with Le Coq they started churning out the tailored range that Man City and England wore for a couple of seasons. Umbro are basically defunct as a leading kit maker anyway so there's no chance of a return to them. The Nike deal has another season to run btw, read the guff when we first announced the deal on the main site and it says it there so I'm afraid the anti Nike types will have to put up with the templates we clearly get given for another season despite the fact not one single kit Nike have made for us has been a template and then adidas will replace them and definitely not give us the same kits they make for Hull, Southampton, Swansea, Stoke and West Brom despite the fact they clearly will

So was last season not a Template Kit ?

it was in nikes Teamwear range for Kids & Sunday League teams for starters, and if you've seen any of the vids for that lid from Twente then it's the same as their away kit...... EXACTLY the same.

Dusan%2BTadic%2BFC%2BUtrecht%2Bv%2BFC%2BTwente%2BEnUjn7HyitQl.jpg

I think Nike were responsible for the Badge fiasco.

Made worse by Tyrrell and the commercial director not being on the ball.

Nike wanted to make more money by using a crap version of the badge easier to make.

I think Nike were responsible for the Badge fiasco.

Made worse by Tyrrell and the commercial director not being on the ball.

Nike wanted to make more money by using a crap version of the badge easier to make.

This is defiantly the case, now qpr are introducing a new crest and they will be wearing nike kits after next Season

The nike kits we get fit terrible, my mate supports Man U and the difference between theirs and ours is night and day (Fit and quality).Yet they cost the same

This is defiantly the case, now qpr are introducing a new crest and they will be wearing nike kits after next Season

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure a club HAS to change badge every so often. Something to do with copyright or something like that. Like I say, I'm not 100% sure but I'm sure I remember reading something to that effect.

Jumping in late on this. A mate of mine works fairly high up for kitbag & told me about going back to umbro when I saw him before Xmas. Meant to be more of a cotton feel to the shirts & there's black trim to the kit. Said they're not happy with the new badge either. The club went to kitbag for advice on the existing badge but said it was 100% their decision, not Nike or kitbags.

That's all the info I have, & the closest I'll ever get to bein itk!

Jumping in late on this. A mate of mine works fairly high up for kitbag & told me about going back to umbro when I saw him before Xmas. Meant to be more of a cotton feel to the shirts & there's black trim to the kit. Said they're not happy with the new badge either. The club went to kitbag for advice on the existing badge but said it was 100% their decision, not Nike or kitbags.

That's all the info I have, & the closest I'll ever get to bein itk!

I wouldn't mind Umbro, some of their kits were nice, some were ****, the same as all the other makes. I would buy the kits, I wouldn't buy the leisure wear though. I know some will say thats daft, but I don't think I will be the only one. Many people would rather wear Nike or Adidas, than Umbro.

The nike kits we get fit terrible, my mate supports Man U and the difference between theirs and ours is night and day (Fit and quality).Yet they cost the same

Except nike pay a hell of a lot more to man united and sell far more kits so you'd expect that really

a kit like this as our away with different blues and an amber instead of reds would be nice imo
Germany%2B2014%2Bkit.jpg

oand something

Status
Not open for further replies.