Article on Jose Baxter on BBC Sport site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting stuff. Claims he wasn't turfed out but that he turned down a contract as he wasn't getting 1st team football. He also says the wacky baccy incident was nothing to do with him.

Don't know if he was binned by the club or he chose to walk, but he is now without a club and living with his parents.

Sad outcome for a lad who was previously so full of promise.

whats wrong with living with your parents, he is only 20.

I let onto him in town once as he was crossing the road and when he turned round to let on back he nearly got hit by a taxi.

Sounds like I was close to doing Everton a good deed.

He runs like he's in fortified custard and he's inconsistent in reserve football even, from what I have heard and seen, so no problem that he's been allowed to leave and unsurprisingly atm Oldham is his level, James Wallace however, I could see stepping up to premier league standard in another couple of years.

CP didn't offer him a contract because they told him he was overweight and unfit
Maybe he's got into shape now. I don't like him and never have

I think the most interesting revelation, although obvious when you think about it was that Everton's offer of a new contract came with a reduced wage.

The daft thing is that even if he was paid £500 a week, that'd be more than most 20 year olds could earn, and quite probably more than he'd get in any other profession.

I'm not really sure why anyone would be arsed about him. He seems a bit of a scrote and even if he's actually a decent bloke, he's not good enough. And it's not like that isn't his fault, like with James Vaughan for example.

I want to know what happened with Wallace. I'd heard good things about him and then bam, he's gone? Never heard a bad word about him off the field either.

It's very interesting that Tranmere never offered him a deal, despite him doing well on loan to them.

Compare him with Wallace, who's gone to Tranmere, been made captain, and has really impressed and embraced his opportunity.

Look, most football clubs aren't soft. There's clearly a reason that's not being said as to why he hasn't got a club, be it his wage demands, his own ego, or even the frankly astonishing situation whereby he's not keeping himself fit!

The lad has a rep for partying, anyone who reads him on Twitter knows that. His outburst about EFC upon his release did him no favours.

It's very interesting that Tranmere never offered him a deal, despite him doing well on loan to them.
I am surprised by this as well, was speaking to a first team player at Tranmere about Wallace and Baxter at the end of the season and he said Baxter was the better player and was much better than anyone else at the team. Maybe he is just holding out for a championship team?

Status
Not open for further replies.