Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw him play at Wigan he was often used in the wings. This strong mothertrucker seemed is a threat taking players on 1v1. I don't think anybody genuinely hates Kone. If you do, where's your head at?

When I saw him play at Wigan he was often used in the wings. This strong mothertrucker seemed is a threat taking players on 1v1. I don't think anybody genuinely hates Kone. If you do, where's your head at?

I don't hate him, I just think he's going to break down again - or even if he doesn't, I don't think he'll reach the level he was at prior to the injury, which wasn't very high in the first place.

Encouraging first proper game back though, impressed me. I just wouldn't be hanging all my hopes on him being the link up player our system needs, every bit as much as I wouldn't rely on Gibson in our midfield.

I don't hate him, I just think he's going to break down again.

Why would you think that?

He played 38 games for Wigan in 2012/13, and 34 games at Levante in 2011/12.

He isn't a player that is injury prone.

He suffered one injury for us; unfortunately a bad one that kept him out 14 months. Doesn't mean he's finished and will break down again.

Why would you think that?

He played 38 games for Wigan in 2012/13, and 34 games at Levante in 2011/12.

He isn't a player that is injury prone.

He suffered one injury for us; unfortunately a bad one that kept him out 14 months. Doesn't mean he's finished and will break down again.

Because of the type of injury it was. Serious knee ligament injury the wrong side of 30.

I don't think he was injury prone, I just think he will be moving forward.

I don't hate him, I just think he's going to break down again - or even if he doesn't, I don't think he'll reach the level he was at prior to the injury, which wasn't very high in the first place.

Fair enough about the injury, that's an open question. But about his level....have you seen the goals he scored for Wigan? 13 in a relegated team, a mix of pace, power, good feet, rapid shooting and heading. More than most premier league strikers offer, outside the top teams. Give the guy a break!

Because of the type of injury it was. Serious knee ligament injury the wrong side of 30.

I don't think he was injury prone, I just think he will be moving forward.

Jagielka did his knee ligaments aged 27 and was out of action for 8 months.

He hasn't broke down at all since then, and that was 5 years ago.

Very good player. Excellent hold up player and movement off the ball. Has an eye for goal as well. As I've said since he arrived, Kone will be a valued inclusion in EFC's roster.

Maybe solve the winger issue?.
4-3-3 like against arsenal the last couple of seasons with kone and mirallas either side of lukaku.
Then a midfield trio of barry, McCarthy and barkley.
Might work, might not but worth a try?

FFS, we could be losing him again for 6 weeks in January....

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/415177/Everton-Roberto-Martinez-Arouna-Kone-QPR

Kone, 31, is back in business after 14 months of serious knee problems and impressed in the full 90 minutes against FC Krasnodar in the Europa League at Goodison.

The Ivory Coast are now on full alert and it is not impossible that Martinez could get a phone call asking for Kone’s services in the African Cup of Nations next month.

Martinez said: “Arouna became a new player on Thursday night. He is ready to fight for his place and I’m sure his national team will also start looking at him.
“I haven’t spoken to Arouna so I don’t know what the situation is.”

'KOFF AFRICAN NATIONS CUP! :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.