Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say that but I can see him starting against the Stokes and Hulls of this world who only want to wrestle, to tire them out and get them on cards. Then we bring on Rom if needed for the last half hour to tear them a new one.

True. He definitely gives us something different.

Not good enough for me. We need to buy in some competition for Lukaku.
What are you suggesting- that we buy another £25m striker? The whole tenor of this thread is that Kone is proving himself to be a worthy alternative to Lukaku. Read any of the Naismith threads and they will draw the same conclusion. Eto'o likewise. We have, therefore, a choice of four strikers (not including Mirallas, who can do a job in that position)- if any money is to be spent, it should go on defenders.

Reactions: obc
Was actually quite impressed with Kone last night, offers something different and with fitness and some confidence will certainly be a handful. Will score goals, and will be a fine option to change things up, starting and from the bench. Hopefully the road to recovery is the same road to Warsaw.

What i liked about him is he looked a different player to Lukaku and Eto, which gives us lots of options for a 2 up front partnership, or one off the bench to change a system that isnt working chasing a game towards the last 20 minutes

Will he go to ACON now if he stays fit? Should be concentrating on playing games for us after been out for so long but sometimes clubs hands are tied.

He's never going be a first choice starter for us, but he could do a job off the bench for sure.
He had a very good game in a very young and inexperienced team, so deserves allot of credit. If he shows the same commitment when in the first team there is no reason for him not being one of the first names on the team sheet

He had a very good game in a very young and inexperienced team, so deserves allot of credit. If he shows the same commitment when in the first team there is no reason for him not being one of the first names on the team sheet

He definitely offers us variety and that's what's so good. He is completely different to Lukaku and Eto'o, he can hold the ball up much better than both of them, although obviously the other two would be preferred!!

Status
Not open for further replies.