Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know an attacking player isnt up to par when the highlights of his game are defensive contributions - thats all i'm saying
Well he scored our first PL goal this season and had a few assists, and if our strikers got into the box more often, he'd have a few more. Not bad considering he hasn't played a full game

You know an attacking player isnt up to par when the highlights of his game are defensive contributions - thats all i'm saying
Providing cover when your fullback needs it is a perfectly reasonable abilty to rate a winger on, Deolofeu was often criticised for not doing it.

His highlights in the last couple of games haven't just been limited to defensive contributions though, he was probably our most creative and threatening player.

Providing cover when your fullback needs it is a perfectly reasonable abilty to rate a winger on, Deolofeu was often criticised for not doing it.

His highlights in the last couple of games haven't just been limited to defensive contributions though, he was probably our most creative and threatening player.
I think he's come on immensely and is doing all the things he's been criticised for time and again. Just needs that final ball more consistently now and we have an amazing all rounded talent

The Scottish commentator (Davie Provan?) had it in for McGeady. Criticised him, usually unjustifiably, throughout the game. Two of his classics were to criticise him for putting a corner 'neither back post or near post'!!! and to blame him for the goal, when he took the far post for the corner but then, correctly, moved off the post once Scotland played it short, so as not to play the opposition onside.

I like McGeady and think if he learnt that the game is not all about him and passed it a bit more he would be one immense. He is 1 of the most frustrating players I've ever seen.

The Scottish commentator (Davie Provan?) had it in for McGeady. Criticised him, usually unjustifiably, throughout the game. Two of his classics were to criticise him for putting a corner 'neither back post or near post'!!! and to blame him for the goal, when he took the far post for the corner but then, correctly, moved off the post once Scotland played it short, so as not to play the opposition onside.
McClean was at fault. Didn't pick up Brown

And with all that potential or maybe because of it, he was also the most frustrating player on our books last season. Massive potential no doubt, but sadly not something we will profit from in the future.[/QUOTE

The only player aged 28 in the world id imagine that has the word Potential labelled to him so often. Maybe a time will come when people must accept he will never realise it, I've been hearing the same things said about him since he broke into Celtic team.

He's awful and if he played for anyone else especially our Neighbours we would say it too, and if they questioned us on it we'd laugh, he's a poor mans Marcus Babel with less end product.

He's not awful just not a starter. It's actually very angering that we went into the season without finding a proper replacement for Deulofeu and Pienaar.

There where players available for reasonable money too which we had to spend as shown by our accounts. Players after last season finishing 5th, signing Lukaku, keeping Barkley etc that we might have been able to attract. Unfortunately it looks like by the time the transfer window opens we won't be as attractive.

Maybe Barca's new manager screwed us and Martinez expected Deulofeu back. Who knows.

He's not awful just not a starter. It's actually very angering that we went into the season without finding a proper replacement for Deulofeu and Pienaar.

There where players available for reasonable money too which we had to spend as shown by our accounts. Players after last season finishing 5th, signing Lukaku, keeping Barkley etc that we might have been able to attract. Unfortunately it looks like by the time the transfer window opens we won't be as attractive.

Maybe Barca's new manager screwed us and Martinez expected Deulofeu back. Who knows.

Mcgeady is not a replacement for delou. They were both at everton and McGeady normally plays on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.