A public apology to LCAB- Fellaini injury prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

moyes_bringin_it_back

Player Valuation: £950k
See title.

Public apology to LCAB who was correct re: Fellaini.

Say no more.

How unfortunate that Fellaini should be out. But having read the literature for such an injury:

He should if the surgery goes right and correct physio:

3 months back in very light training (rehabilitation).
@ 12 weeks: All ligaments / tendons should be almost fully healed by then. Although they remain prone to re-tearing...

He should be able to do some light training in May 2010, but basically he won't play until next season until the connective tissues strengthen over time, which is another 12 weeks.

Basically its about prevention of re-injury with that timescale....

I've never known LCAB and his Sourceto be wrong yet.

Obviously I was hoping he was wrong this time, but it wasn't to be.:(

Get well soon Mo Fro.

So do you think he'll be able to take part in pre-season training? I'd be much happier if he was 100% and raring to go when next season starts.

I think so yes. Don't think he'll take part in preseason games though. Or if he does it will depend on reports and the likelihood he does will increase the closer to August.

But he could certainly do fitness training after May 2010 including running.

Well lets hope that it is the case. The big fella thrives from playing a in a run of games- I hope he gets a really good pre season.

Im still so gutted that we wont get to see Mikel and the fella in a midfield together this season.

I think MBIB took some unfair gloating in that thread from some. To be fair to him, he just gave his medical opinion - he didn't have the benefit of knowing lcab past information.

*adds MBIB to lcab list of admirers*

Well let's hope he is back for the start of next season. I'm not going to hold my breath though, what with Arteta, Jagielka and Neville all having to have multiple operations. Things like this never seem to go to plan.

The problem could be exacerbated with the possibility that the bone has been chipped as the ligaments snapped.

The problem could be exacerbated with the possibility that the bone has been chipped as the ligaments snapped.

Its unlikely as its been quoted as a "partial rupture" or tear, and as he moved his foot on the pitch right after the injury there hasn't been a complete snapping of the ligaments.

Shouldn't be a problem with the type of open surgery he's probably having.

The chip can cause damage to the cartilage (I did mention free floating cartillage previously) but the surgeon will probably sort that at the same time, even going as far as using microfracture and/or debridement to remove damaged cartilage and stimulate new cartillage growth,

This would have no impact on the intital 12 week injury timeline as its done at the same time.

The main risk is infection (ah la Arteta), reducing that is what i've done previously.

is this one of those injuries that requires either placenta or foreskin to be rubbed on the area ?

we could organise some kind of shift system to get him back quicker, i'm goin 1st though i wouldn't wanna follow any of you lot.

Well played, MBIB.

LCAB speaks rarely on certain subjects (transfers, contracts, injuries, etc...) and when he does, everything else, no matter how plausible or backed by scientific evidence, is irrelevant.

Now, onward and upward. Hope to see you contribute regularly, MBIB - don't believe we've a MD on GOT. Several lawyers, a submariner, endless Yanks, a woodworkers, several nice birds, and a excellent collection of weapons, lids and blerts.

But only one Oracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.