A heartfelt apology or a reaction to appease?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottish Toffee

Player Valuation: £1m
http://stdomingos.wordpress.com/2013/03/14/moyesie-and-the-skipper-offer-up-an-apology/

Saturday’s match day programme has been released and the clubs publication offers an insight into the feelings of both manager and players in the aftermath of last weeks catastrophic defeat to Wigan.

David Moyes

It has been a tough week for us all and today we get a chance to try and put right a little bit of last week’s result and performance. Anybody who has watched my teams over the years would know that was nothing like what we’ve shown in the past…

…The players know what is expected here at Everton and they were told in no uncertain terms after the game against Wigan that it was unacceptable – and not just for the performance, but in many cases we lacked the attitude and determination that has to be shown every time they pull on a royal blue jersey.

Phil Neville used his captains column to offer his own view and also to apologise for his words in midweek which suggested mediocrity has become acceptable at Goodison.

…We’ve been hurting, make no mistake about that. We wanted to get to Wembley every bit as much as you supporters…

…Last Saturday was unacceptable. The team didn’t perform to the standard that Everton supporters have the right to expect, and we got what we deserved…

…Anyone who knows me, knows full well that ‘top 10′ isn’t good enough for me – and the tweets I received made sure I was aware of how the comments had been taken! Evertonians, quite rightly, have high standards for themselves and for their team and I can assure you that mine are just as high.

Moyes seems sincere enough but Neville's words smack of backtracking and a club enforced reaction to the abuse

I might reserve my judgement on this until after they 'perform' on Saturday.

Thanks for posting though mate.

Do you digitally download the prog?

I might reserve my judgement on this until after they 'perform' on Saturday.

Thanks for posting though mate.

Do you digitally download the prog?

No, I saw a link to the article on twitter and thought I would share it as it seems to be a sore point at the moment.

Moyes: needs to apologise for his own miserable, rabbit caught in the headlights non-performance rather than throwing his players to the wolves. What a ****house.

Neville: if top ten isn't good enough for him then why did he say it?

everytime I read Everton 3 - 0 Wigan I die a little on the inside. still can't believe it

I don't understand, if they think it is necessary to apologise to the fans, why they didn't do it immediately/the next day on the OS . Make it a public apology that all the fans see, and don't hide it away in the programme.

Still feel dumped on. Lets see on Saturday. Till then, wont believe a word I read from them or the club.

Last season the club were apologising after getting dumped out of the FA Cup and now history repeats itself. Will it be any different next season. Tired of the same old excuses and getting restless waiting for some silverware to be brought back to our beloved Goodison. Is this the clubs way of saying "Please buy your season Tickets"?

Status
Not open for further replies.