6 + 2 Point Deductions

The PL is a member of UEFA and as such is subject to its laws. UEFA, in turn, comes under EU jurisdiction and is subject to the ESL ruling regarding the transparency of sanctions. Ergo, so is the PL and its handling of our case was as transparent as mud.
Isn’t UEFA , like FIFA and CAS, based in Switerland a non EU country ?

I think UEFA like FIFA is mindful of EU law but don’t think it comes under EU Jurisdiction as such but the ultimate legal jurisdiction all the non domestic associations fall under is Swiss Law.

Other than the over arching rules in football such as the laws of the game and regulations around player contracts domestic associations have their own laws/ rules that have to comply with the law of the land within the jurisdiction in which they operate.

Its frustrating as hell not to know what’s going on re matters such as Everton’s and yes Chelsea’s but the PL are dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t when putting information out there.

Its an utter farce.

Multi-Billion pound organisation leaves everybody in limbo for months.

I realise its a complex legal case, but its not like they have thousands of murder cases on their docket, set a date, get in a room and bash it out.
Within the PL rules they, the PL, have till the 24th May to finalise the appeal. The initial stages of the appeal have to adhere to pretty strict timeline. Often only 7 days between each stage.
Villa must be walking a tight rope too.

At what point do 14 clubs vote against it and we become the only team ever in the history of it to be deducted points.

My guess would be that the Everton ruling has been manna from Heaven for clubs owners.

Supporters of every club, just about, want money spent on transfers so by rolling out the FFP warning it sort of shuts down the argument

At what point do 14 clubs vote against it and we become the only team ever in the history of it to be deducted points.

More to the point, who's going to buy any of Villa's players,most of whom are in their late twenties and earning a fortune? Since most Premier League clubs are in the same boat it won't be them.

When this happens to a success story, the whole thing needs to be rewritten...you have to wonder why clubs signed up to it in the first place?

It was Utd, Arsenal and Norway wanting to stop City really and Chelsea wanted to pull up the ladder after them mate, the like of Southampton, Swansea and WBA at the time wanted to do the same and back themselves to stay in the league with
with a greater advantage then clubs coming up and in the championship.

When you look at the clubs it hurts the most, it’s the ones trying to be competitive, us, Villa, Newcastle and Forest who all had a crack.

Below explains some teams positions and thinking in voting it in.

Last edited:
Its an utter farce.

Multi-Billion pound organisation leaves everybody in limbo for months.

I realise its a complex legal case, but its not like they have thousands of murder cases on their docket, set a date, get in a room and bash it out.
The delay isn't about Everton's case, it's about the implications for the league.

They didn't think the 10 points deduction through, have seen the stink it created, the whataboutery can of worms it's opened - and now have no idea how to handle what it means as a precedent going forward.

A one-off points deduction for one team would be one thing. But there is a very real danger that multiple clubs are going to be sanctioned in any given season.

They are blowing up sporting integrity - exactly the thing PSR rules were allegedly setup to protect - and I think this realisation is starting to hit home with them.

I think the Premier League has absolutely no idea how to handle the car crash they've set in motion.

I am now struggling to see this as fair for all involved expect the top 6.

Newcastle have basically said we can’t sign anyone in January and we will have to sell one of our top players in the summer, this can’t be right. One of the richest clubs in the world who finished 4th last year, got to a cup final and played Champions league football. I am struggling to see how these current ffp rules are correct.

Nobody wants to see anyone over spend on transfers or wages resulting in a wind up on the club or whatever but it would seem Newcastle have made the mistake of trying to compete and now it will haunt them, same with Villa next season no doubt.

Yet the top 6 teams are just laughing at everyone else. How can this be right? It’s simply impossible to think that City and Chelsea haven’t broken a 105m limit over the last 3 years, impossible.

He could be a KFC for all I care.
I think a greasy bucket of bones would’ve done a better job at the initial hearings.

I think we’d have a solid case for legal action there matey.

But I’m not a lawyer, oh no. I am merely a highly qualified medic, gigging musician, former chef and amateur mechanic.

I haven’t a clue really.

Ive often thought of this and it does seem very short sighted mate. Since 2013 there has been a global pandemic, geo political conflict and instability that created shocks to the financial system, costs, interest changes, inflation etc.

The other thing to review is has there been any improvements by the rule i.e. are clubs morse sustainable, have investment in infrastructure and academies improved etc.

What are the point of limits and what was the intended impact and has that worked.