4th Place - What's it going to take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see them dropping points this weekend, if we win our home games and draw at least 1 away I think that might just be enough to sneak fourth

I'm starting to think that we are gonna have to win every game to get 4th now.

I just don't think Arsenal will drop any points. Their match last night confirmed this for me. I really fancied West Ham to cause an upset, epsecially given that Arsenal played 120 minutes at the weekend.

Can we win every game? Unlikely, but if you'd have told me we were gonna win 7 in a row I wouldn't have believed you either.

One game at a time...

4 wins and a draw should be enough. They would have to win all their games by an average of 2 goals to beat our goal difference and that's assuming we only win ours by 1 goal.

RE: Hull game.

Long and Jelavic will start against us, both are cup tied, however if they're mathematically safe, I can see the likes of Huddlestone/Livermore being rested.

The mrs is a Hull STH and from watching them a few times we have nothing to worry about. Figueroa is a real weak link, Coleman/anyone on the right will absolutely rip him to shreds. Steve Bruce doesn't seem to rotate much as their squad isn't very deep. But either way if we need 3 points to secure on last day of season we *should get them. I mean it's Hull FFS.

True, but we have to be careful about their goal difference, they could rack up some big scores in their run in. Whereas if we are to beat United and City, it's probably gonna be by just the odd goal. So we might not be able to rely on drawing one of our games.

You mean Arsenal? I can also see them having trouble away at Norwich and home to WBA. Their run in is not as easy as it looks. By contrast I can see us smashing Man U and CP at home, getting at least a draw against Citeh and beating Hull. Saints is the tough one IMO.
Arsenal yeah. They were again awful last night until West Ham gave up after their goal. Hull should be well up for the game ahead of their FA Cup final meeting, at home too. Norwich will also give them a game, and WBA are desperate for the points... come on Victor son.

Arsenal yeah. They were again awful last night until West Ham gave up after their goal. Hull should be well up for the game ahead of their FA Cup final meeting, at home too. Norwich will also give them a game, and WBA are desperate for the points... come on Victor son.

Haha, agents Chebes and Adams, over to you.

IMO
On paper arse should win 4 or maybe win 3 draw 1

On paper we should win 2 (palace, Hull) lose 1 (city) and perhaps take 2 draws (utd, Southampton)

Arsenal 77pts
Everton 74pts

Football doesn't work like it looks on paper. I expect more suprises yet...but ultimately I think well fall just short based on the fixtures. Prop 3 pts!

IMO
On paper arse should win 4 or maybe win 3 draw 1

On paper we should win 2 (palace, Hull) lose 1 (city) and perhaps take 2 draws (utd, Southampton)

Arsenal 77pts
Everton 74pts

Football doesn't work like it looks on paper. I expect more suprises yet...but ultimately I think well fall just short based on the fixtures. Prop 3 pts!

what we need is for Martinez to take us on a run like he did with Wigan a couple of seasons ago when they basically suddenly went "sod this" and just beat everyone put in front of them as if they were title challengers. Looks like we're on such a run already, just need to keep it going.

what we need is for Martinez to take us on a run like he did with Wigan a couple of seasons ago when they basically suddenly went "sod this" and just beat everyone put in front of them as if they were title challengers. Looks like we're on such a run already, just need to keep it going.

Yeah but as you said we are already on such a run! Will be very hard to keep that going till season end. I mean that would literally be title winning form....13 wins in a row is say is impossible for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.