4th Place - What's it going to take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not worried about our next 3. We're boss at home, and I predict we'll smash Sunderland this weekend. It's the last 3 that have me scared. Both Saints and Hull play pretty well at home, and City is well...City. We must take maximum points from our next 3. Do that, and we can re-evaluate after that.

Arsenal has 64 and can get max 79, but will probably drop at least two points I think, they play West Ham, WBA, Hull, Newcastle and Norwich.

Our current points tally: 63 points.

We should beat Crystal Palace away, Sunderland away, and Hull away (9 points)

As for the key matches I think:
City at home draw
United at home win
Southampton away draw

Meaning 77 points and goal difference to decide.

We should beat Crystal Palace away, Sunderland away, and Hull away (9 points)

Too much chicken-counting going on here - can I remind you that we FAILED to beat 2 out of those 3 that you mention at Goodison already this season.

I'm not sure 4th is worth getting. If we do it will all turn sour if Man U win the so called "Champions League" (stranger things have happened). Even if that doesn't do for us the seeding system will and the qualifying round will be a glorious defeat to Madrid or Dortmund or someone.

Football is not meant for the likes of us. We are not invited. No wonder the media are going overboard ignoring us or belittling what we do.............

Let just beat Sunderland and go from there which WE WILL I also feel West Ham will get something against Arsenal, they were robbed against Lpool. Hopefully West Ham will get all 3 points.

Arsenals season depend on the FA cup if Wigan beat them I can see them totally collapsing, if they win they will probably go on a roll.

We have a new agent on our side, Norwich new manager is a league title winner with us, he gonna make sure Arsenal lose.

I'm not sure 4th is worth getting. If we do it will all turn sour if Man U win the so called "Champions League" (stranger things have happened). Even if that doesn't do for us the seeding system will and the qualifying round will be a glorious defeat to Madrid or Dortmund or someone.

Football is not meant for the likes of us. We are not invited. No wonder the media are going overboard ignoring us or belittling what we do.............
Let's wave the white flag now, in fact let just wind the club up and be done with it. What's the point?

Seriously? Man U will not win the CL and we can beat any team in the world on our day.

In answer to the original post.

Arsenal can get 15 points so currently we need 17.

Once the Sunderland games over its easy to work out.basically beat Sunderland then match Arsenals results.

In answer to the original post.

Arsenal can get 15 points so currently we need 17.

Once the Sunderland games over its easy to work out.basically beat Sunderland then match Arsenals results.

This. We need to win sat to put pressure on arsenal lose and they will feel confident on Tuesday via west ham knowing they can move clear.

I think we'll have to win every game remaining to reach the CL next year

We'll deserve it if that happens

I actually agree Mikey, i can see us winning out the rest of the year now, unless we get a shocking serious of decisions in a game, City and United the big threat of that for reasons that don't need to be stated

Not even going to try and predict the total points needed.

What I do know though is whether we achieve the top 4 or not I am very optomistic for the coming seasons.
Under Roberto we have seen vast improvement both mentally and in ability of almost all of the players.

Naismith looks a totally different player, Jags and Distin have improved their distribution, Howard is having his best season... I could go on through the team. Those 'pundits' and media hacks who are only focusing on the loan deals are pathetic. I am sure they will try there best to flog Martinez off to Arsenal, Spurs or who ever else takes there fancy, but if we continue at the current rate we have alot to loo forward to.

As RM said. These last few games should be savoured and enjoyed. It is what we are in this business, whether player or fan, for!

Arsenal have gone toe to toe with teams such as these already this season and we just destroyed them at home. We also beat United who are still in the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.