£4m for Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same as with Johnson.

'Oi, Jags. Want a ride in my chopper, If you sign then I'll give ya a go of it'.

good point chico, If jags is anywhere near as professional as AJ then his salary will not be the biggest thing on his mind, football will. As long as we can get a bid accepted then he will be ours I feel. DM will not waste time on money sappers.

Hes defo heading fot the exit door then according to Brian Robson, he says:

"Keeping Phil looks like it is going to be a problem. He's told me that, if possible, he would rather stay in the Premiership, providing it's the best thing for both him and the club. My job now looks like it's going to be trying to ensure we get the best deal possible. That's what I'll be trying my best to do."

Whiping up a bidding war eh? Didnt deny a four million release clause all the same?

Last edited:
Bit of a comparrison of Jagelielka and the Everton Squad stas from last year. Sky Sports Link:

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...d=11&lid=&title=The+Opta+Audit:+Phil+Jagielka

Tackleing stats really surprised me especially when up against Carsley.

You dont win games with stats i know but a bit of fun none the less,.

Intresting though that most of the media are assuming its a done deal!

I think Sky have got way too much time on their hands- with no domestic or international footie they have gone stat mad. Does anyone think those stats look like a 1st year media student has done it?!

Jagielka's pass completion was relatively poor but this is something that he would expect to improve at a more established club.

Assuming Jagielka plays in midfield that will free up Neville. Do you think he'll play right back or Hibbert?

They'll both play at right back only Hibbo will be right back in the changing room:p

I dont think we should spend anymore than 5million for him. He isnt anything special and we have to be looking to spend a bit more on better players if the clubs going to move forward. (like buying fernandes!)

I dont think we should spend anymore than 5million for him. He isnt anything special and we have to be looking to spend a bit more on better players if the clubs going to move forward. (like buying fernandes!)

Welcome to the site Nam ;)

He has a min release clause of £4m :)

I read something about the release clause, I just hope theres no way of that price bumping up!

I'm South African by the way ;)

Might take awhile longer but I believe he can be a useful addition. Some players take longer to settle into a new team than others. His confidence might be a bit low.

Status
Not open for further replies.