AZ Alkmaar v Everton - UEFA Cup - Thursday 20th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal

Player Valuation: £40m
AZ Alkmaar 2-3 Everton

_44314697_vaughan416.jpg

I'd be very surprised to see any of the regulars in the match.

I would expect the following to get a game:

Wessels
Hibbert
Valente (if healthy)
VDM
Gravesen
Vaughan
McFadden
Anichebe

to name a few...

Wessels
Hibbert
Valente (if healthy)
VDM
Gravesen
Vaughan
McFadden
Anichebe

to name a few...

i could see some of them playing in this game, but I expect the defence line up would be similar depending on Valente!

Midfield I did say pienaar, Carsley still be playing and possibly the other two midfield be selected from Arteta, Cahill, Gravesen, Osman, VDM or McFadden!

Yaks should be given a rest on the bench so expect Anichebe or AJ to start!

If we are playing the normal line up of 4-1-4-1:-

--------------- Howard ----------------

Neville - Yobo - Jagielka/Lescott --- Lescott/Valente

--------------- Carsley ----------------

McFadden/VDM - Osman - Gravesen - Pienaar

--------------- Anichebe/AJ -----------

Moyes won't like to change his line up so much, so defence should be similar all depend on Valente fitness, Gravesen would join the line with McFadden or VDM joining, but expect Arteta and Cahill to come in sometime in the 2nd half!

Or if we decide to go for a more attacking formation 4-4-1-1:-

Neville - Yobo - Jagielka/Lescott --- Lescott/Valente

Osman/VDM - - Gravesen - Carsley - Pienaar

--------------- McFadden ----------------

If we are planning to give Yaks, Arteta and Cahill a bit of rest, then MacFadden playing a supporting attacking role should be good, and AJ or Anichebe should suit them, while Carsley carry on doing what he's best at, then we could leave the others from the midfield for support in attack!

i want to win this game keep the unbeaten run going, and im sure moyes does too, thats why i think he wont make too many changes, probably yakubu out for johnson, gravesen in for some one and valente aswell...i wouldnt mind if they were the onyl changes

Wessels
Hibbert
Valente (if healthy)
Gravesen
Vaughan
McFadden
Anichebe

to name a few..other than that wastrel VDM.

Totally agree TXlol lol

He will never play VDM for the club again, of that I am certain.

I agree with Dom, I think Moyes will make only a couple of changes from the winning side. I think McFadden and Johnson will start, Nuno leftback, maybe Gravesen in midfield but even that is a longshot.
It's not Moyes way to make loads of changes. We are on a fantastic run and dismantling the side is not the way to keep it going. Keep the lads who have played well in the team, grab another win and keep our confidence high for United away.

He will never play VDM for the club again, of that I am certain.

I agree with Dom, I think Moyes will make only a couple of changes from the winning side. I think McFadden and Johnson will start, Nuno leftback, maybe Gravesen in midfield but even that is a longshot.
It's not Moyes way to make loads of changes. We are on a fantastic run and dismantling the side is not the way to keep it going. Keep the lads who have played well in the team, grab another win and keep our confidence high for United away.

RBJ I remain worried about burn out, jaded players, why take risks if you don't have to?

I just hope we rest a bunch of players. Every time we get a run of good results it seems like a pivotal player always get knacked.

I just hope we rest a bunch of players. Every time we get a run of good results it seems like a pivotal player always get knacked.

[Poor language removed] me! some stunning prescience from Rook here. Can you tell me what tonight's scores will be before I go down the bookies.

Last edited:
Looks like there would be couple of changes due to Osman injure and Yobo's knock which Moyes should opt to rest him for Man U match, it would be interesting to see this line up:-

Hibbert - Jagielka - Lescott - Valente

--------------- Carsley ----------------

McFadden/VDM - Neville - Gravesen - Pienaar

Unless we are serious to try playing de Silva in CM, with injure it's likely Neville move into CM and Hibbert comes back at RB, hopfully Gravesen could prove us wrong again by putting in a good performance!

Or if we try 4-4-2 instead:-

Hibbert - Jagielka - Lescott - Valente

Neville - Gravesen - Carsley - Pienaar

--------- Anichebe - AJ -----------

Last edited:
I am looking forward to the team selection more than the match, it is such a tough one to call for the boss;)

Status
Not open for further replies.