AZ Alkmaar v Everton - UEFA Cup - Thursday 20th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but what I was saying was that we never played a team of reserves last night. And that was true we never. The link to the reserve stats proves that.

There is method in my madness though, I was trying to get across the point that we are a squad, not just Arteta, Cahill and Yakubu.

True, but what I was saying was that we never played a team of reserves last night. And that was true we never. The link to the reserve stats proves that.

There is method in my madness though, I was trying to get across the point that we are a squad, not just Arteta, Cahill and Yakubu.

I would call them squad players, not reserves, but I think the two words in this thead were simply interchanged freely and it was one of those "oh, you knew what I meant" kind of things, which is a fair comment, we all understand that these players werent the kind who played of a week day for our reserves at some blustery tiny [Poor language removed] ground feeling sorry for themselves (VDM was injured and couldnt play, he would have been a proper reserve player should he have made an appearence). Reserve implies lack of quality and its not true, at least 7 of those players could have staked a claim for a starting berth, people like Vaughan, AJ, Victor, McFadden, Hibbert e.t.c, I would expect a team like that to win - it's all too easy to make excuses for them.

Sure that's a fair point. But when there is a group who are called the Reserves, we need to be careful not to make the wrong assumptions.

Its also important to know that last night we moved the squad around and got a result, and that is testament to the squad, not so much to Faddy, cos he's just dead weight at the moment, but everyone else did well.

Status
Not open for further replies.