Summer 2024 transfer thread.

If Dyche is such a good manager we shouldn’t have to just keep bringing in ancient freebies to stay in this league.

At some point you will have to start implementing a plan to gradually move us up the table.

lol

I know, right?

He should have earned a few bob over the years to start paying for players HIMSELF

Wait, you think it's Dyche's fault we've had to resort to that sort of signing?
We have to bring in freebies because we have no money. It's not rocket science.

Insane isn't it?

Beto and Chermiti cost £0 upfront. I dare say if they didn't, neither would be here. Eventually costing approx £45m. I don't think Dyche would have been chomping at the bit to bring either in - maybe Beto but day one, Dyche was saying he's not the profile of Calvert-Lewin/typical number 9 so I doubt it. Danjuma and his loan fee was wanted before Dyche so another one to assume Thelwell.

lol

I know, right?

He should have earned a few bob over the years to start paying for players HIMSELF

Insane isn't it?

Beto and Chermiti cost £0 upfront. I dare say if they didn't, neither would be here. Eventually costing approx £45m. I don't think Dyche would have been chomping at the bit to bring either in - maybe Beto but day one, Dyche was saying he's not the profile of Calvert-Lewin/typical number 9 so I doubt it. Danjuma and his loan fee was wanted before Dyche so another one to assume Thelwell.

We shall see who comes in by the end of the window but if any are ex-Burnley we know he has no aspirations to play nice football or achieve... anything.

Other than Branthwaite I dont think any manager will be champing at the bit signing any of our players. Even the likes of Dom, Onana and Pickford would be gambles at decent clubs.

Maybe champing at the bit is harsh, as we do have a lot of steady eddies. The likes of Gana and Tarky even at their age would add something still to any club.

It would just be nice to inject some actual excitement into our team.

We shall see who comes in by the end of the window but if any are ex-Burnley we know he has no aspirations to play nice football or achieve... anything.
He will be looking to stay in the league again I would think and he will bring players in who will help him to do that. I think expecting any more than that from any manager is complete madness unless the ownership situation resolves itself positively very quickly.

He will be looking to stay in the league again I would think and he will bring players in who will help him to do that. I think expecting any more than that from any manager is complete madness unless the ownership situation resolves itself positively very quickly.

Without the points deductions we're only a few points off West Ham in 8th mate... let's get rid of this mentality please.

Then you piss in players that can eventually buy you a pot and/or smart loans.

If 34-year old Ben Mee rocks up we have no intention of making any money at this club.

Loans cost money.

Danjuma cost around £3.5m for a loan fee, before wages. Ross Barkley who wasn't in the Chelsea squad cost Villa £8m to loan for a season a few years back.

Harrison, I don't believe did due to contract clause. Ashley Young was free.

Imagine we didn't bring either of those in - who else is coming for £0 to be of a standard to replace Mykolenko in a Merseyside Derby?

There isn't a lot of players you can sign for £0.

The players we've spent money on, are players who had to cost £0 upfront which immediately/massively narrows the shortlist - and players like Chermiti who I doubt Dyche had even heard of.

Without the points deductions we're only a few points off West Ham in 8th mate... let's get rid of this mentality please.
But we did get the points deductions and we might get more next year! I'm not saying he'll only want to finish 17th just that I don't think we've reached the restructuring phase of the recovery plan yet I think we're still in a position where the important thing is to survive and give us a chance of building on that in the future. If we have 100 mil to spend and we spend it all on veteran jouneymen i'll be fuming but if we have very little money to spend like I expect then we'll probably bring in a few players like that to help tide us over thats just the position I think we're in but we'll see in the summer.

Loans cost money.

Danjuma cost around £3.5m for a loan fee, before wages. Ross Barkley who wasn't in the Chelsea squad cost Villa £8m to loan for a season a few years back.

Imagine we didn't bring either of those in - who else is coming for £0 to be of a standard to replace Mykolenko in a Merseyside Derby?

The players we've spent money on, are players who had to cost £0 upfront which immediately/massively narrows the shortlist - and players like Chermiti who I doubt Dyche had even heard of.

Loans cost money but free players don't... hmm, are you sure about this?

I'm talking loaning players like Harwood-Bellis & Gomez from City, Chalobah from Chelsea, young players from big teams at cheap prices.

Also, the bold, don't make me laugh, he's been an absolute joke all season, he literally got sent off in 37 minutes in the reverse defeat of this game. Let's not whack a load of revisionism in here.

Loans cost money.

Agree does look that way and will be tough again would still like is to try at cb ect to plan if we do sell branthwaite then mee and another cb like ballard sunderland greeves or whoever. Then we have a mix a young player ready to step up and experience, same with nidi i get to have him garner and gana then look at another. Everything does cost money even frees like you said will be us trying alot of deals like chermiti