Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I actually don't think we will even be in a position next season where we could loan any players out next season to develop

Goalkeepers: -
Pickford
Virginia
Crellin
Tyrer

Defenders: -
Patterson
Keane
Tarkowski
Young
Mykolenko
Godfrey
Coleman
Branthwaite
Holgate

Midfielders: -
Onana
Doucoure
Gueye
Garner
McNeil
Dobbin

Strikers: -
DCL
Beto
Chermiti
Maupay

Total = 23 players

i would say at least 3 of those players are likely to leave before the end of the summer transfer window = 20 first team players

you can then supplement the squad with some under 21 players like Leban, Mills, Onyango, Warrington (if he gets a new contract), Welch, Hunt (if he gets a new contract), Metcalf etc

if the following players in bold got sold would you be happy with that squad for next season with no new signings?

if you can avoid injuries it might be possible but that never happens

that midfield looks horrendous as well with mcneil and dobbin as the only wingers in the squad

Purely defensively we'd have:

Mykolenko
Branthwaite
Tarkowski
Patterson

So in theory a back 4 although Dyche keeps saying Patterson is developing behind the scenes i think we'd sell first chance.

We'll lose Holgate, Keane, Godfrey, Young, Coleman.

That is too much in one go...its all the backup players. We must sign at least two prospects this summer to develop in defence.

If we sold Godfrey and Patterson for example the fees would bring in a new right back. Its crucial to improve at right back & means we dont need any new starting defenders to come in.
Holgate, Keane and Godfrey won't be going anywhere. You need interest before that can happen from clubs that can also match there wages.

Dyche is just waiting for us to let Branthwaite go so he can bring Keane back in.

if i am not mistaken the following players will be out of contract at the end of next season: -

coleman, young, gueye, doucoure, godfrey, holgate, maupay, calvert-lewin, keane, dobbin, onyango, crellin, mills and virginia

now some of these may have a 1 year option in their deals but i don't know which players have that

that is scary

if i am not mistaken the following players will be out of contract at the end of next season: -

coleman, young, gueye, doucoure, godfrey, calvert-lewin, keane, dobbin, onyango, crellin, mills and virginia

now some of these may have a 1 year option in their deals but i don't know which players have that

that is scary
You say scary, I say wonderful news.

I mean DCL wont be out of contract, he will either have signed a new deal or be somewhere else, but im not gonna lose any sleep regarding the rest.

Given the age of the 3 Amigos we just tied up.

But I suppose you mean with regards replacing them, suspect the club have their hands tied with this Transfer window and keeping the lights on currently, but you would assume there wont be 6 foot 5 CBs to bail us out next Summer.

But hey ho, lets get 2024/25 out the way.

I mean yes, in an ideal world we set the groundwork for 2025/26 this window, but I really dont think we have that luxury.

It wouldn't surprise me if Dyche goes for his tried and tested and tries getting in Charles Taylor and Josh Brownhill in as squad players both who are available for free. hopefully we utilise the loan market well, I imagine Harrison with the interest confirmed by the club will be or not Leeds come back up or not and if we can get him in on Loan. If they do come up they wont want to sell to us cheap seeing us a rival.

I can see Onana gone 100% but Branthwaite unless it's huge money (£80m plus), I think he will stay IF Onana moves early.

Onana transfer will help and also the wage bill this summer is reduced more plus hopefully a few stragglers like Holgate, Maupey and Keane.

I actually don't think we will even be in a position next season where we could loan any players out next season to develop

Goalkeepers: -
Pickford - keep - really goalkeeper - dare i say underrated!?
Virginia - decent back up
Crellin - potential keep
Tyrer - potential keep, maybe loan with the recall clause

Defenders: -
Patterson - potential, not yet good enough - and it would appear him and Dyche don't get on!?
Keane - sell, utter rubbish player, captain calamity, god knows why we gave him that contract.
Tarkowski - good player, and great at the side of Branthwaite
Young - looks like he's been given another contract - how many stupid freekicks and penalties is giving away next year??
Mykolenko - good player
Godfrey - if a bid were forthcoming, and it was a reasonable one, i'd sell, but only if we could reinvest, maybe there are signs he is improving? but he's been bobbins for a while now.
Coleman - clearly past his best, shouldn't really be first choice, we badly need a right back
Branthwaite - Hope to keep - but likely he'll be off, hopefully the money is reinvested
Holgate - More than likely the contract will be run down and he will leave on a free. Hope someone buys, but maybe another loan, will Sheff take a punt??

Midfielders: -
Onana - sell don't think he's that ar ed
Doucoure - He is what he is
Gueye - contract extention exercised
Garner - could do with an upgrade, but unlikely, will be first choice next year
McNeil - Decent, but needs more consistency and better end product
Dobbin - potential?

Strikers: -
DCL - keep, new contract hopefully
Beto - if someone is sniffing round to sell for 20 mils sell... hes carp.
Chermiti - looked decent at the end of the season cameo
Maupay just doesn't in at Everton.. probs loan till his contract ends... hope some foreign whopper buys him...

Total = 23 players

i would say at least 3 of those players are likely to leave before the end of the summer transfer window = 20 first team players

you can then supplement the squad with some under 21 players like Leban, Mills, Onyango, Warrington (if he gets a new contract), Welch, Hunt (if he gets a new contract), Metcalf etc

if the following players in bold got sold would you be happy with that squad for next season with no new signings?

if you can avoid injuries it might be possible but that never happens

that midfield looks horrendous as well with mcneil and dobbin as the only wingers in the squad
Seems to me like we have a mountain to climb to even stand still next year, nevermind improve us... just my two penneth above on where we currently are with this squad.