Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Yep very logical. However DCL out and Adams potentially in on a free really weakens the attack. Chermiti looked lively the other day and I'd start him in the final three games but he's still a young lad with plenty to learn so not really to lead an attack for half a season just yet. Beto scored a couple but we've seen for months now his all round game is miles off DCL. Maupay...let's not go there. He's done o.k at Brentford so hopefully they activate whatever permanent clause there is in the deal.

Chermiti, Che Adams, Beto....not good if the rest of the side is getting downgraded in quality. Going to be that sort of summer you suspect.
Calvert-Lewin offers far more to the team than Beto. I’d be trying to sell Beto back to Italy and have DCL, Chermiti and Adams as forward options.

Anton Matkovic linked to us and Fulham by Sportitalia.

They state the 1.91m forward can also be used in wide positions and is likened to his compatriot, Mario Mandzukic, in his home country. In fact, he’s dubbed the ‘new Mandzukic’.

It’s claimed Matkovic received concrete interest in the winter market, but Osijek decided to retain him, in order to allow him to continue his development.

He’s featured regularly since the start of March and both Fulham and Everton would have observed his performances, along with AC Milan and Atalanta.

Matković is also followed by Frosinone and Inter Milan from Serie A, but more timidly for now.

The teenager’s deal lasts until 2026 and Sportitalia claim he’s valued at around €4-5m. It needs to be seen whether Fulham, Everton or another club will consider making an offer for him in the summer window.

Just watched him for three minutes on youtube and decided he looks a far better investment than Beto.

Expect us look at free agents like taylor (burnley lb) kelly (bournemouth cb\lb) unlikely. Adarabioyo( fulham cb) unlikely, ohare (coventry cam/winger) barkley (cm/cam luton) adams (southampton cf/cam), nidi(leicester cdm/cm)

I would absolutely take a punt on Adarabioyo, ohare and even Barkley even though he wouldnt come back I dont think.

Ndidi would be a great signing if he was fit.

I would absolutely take a punt on Adarabioyo, ohare and even Barkley even though he wouldnt come back I dont think.

Ndidi would be a great signing if he was fit.
He wouldn't start in a Dyche team tbh, if you watch him he doesn't track back whatsoever, no 'hard yards' he wants to sit in the middle and do his thing. I don't think he is enough of a team guy for Dyche.

Last edited:
City don't want to sell him that's why, they do want to keep him long term.
A lot of modern deals are based on the buy back fees agreed. Villa and Man City have been moving their players on with this in place.
It helps them in both ways, pure profit on the ffp, and then bargain purchase if them make the grade later