Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings everyone, first post after admiring the forum for a while. My take on Geri is that he is certainly very gifted and also extremely inconsistent and frustrating, with creative players you can allow for that to an extent, however what cannot ever be tolerated at any decent level is a professional footballer that plays very often like a child, leaving five and ten yard passed short and walking around with the hands on hips these are things coaches work to eradicate from talented players before u18 level. The whole wanting to jump the advertising rather than even consider putting a tackle in just won't wash with most coaches either. I just think it's a terrible pity for him and us.

But that's the point. He does occasionally get it right once in a match. He then does nothing for several matches in a row. One good moment in one game does not excuse him going awol several games after that
Needs good coaching. Maybe he gets that now at Milan.

My point... that you keep Deulofeu as an impact player off the bench

If he is kept as an impact player only, will he develop in the manner needed to become a valuable asset?

Surely if he is out on loan playing 60-70 minutes per game, he'll become a far better player than he would warming the Everton bench, and we will at least realise some of the value for his potential if he is sold on.

He would do it about 1 game in 10 under both Martinez and Koeman. Nowhere near consistent enough. A spell on loan might end up being best for all parties

When has he EVER had that run of games? Apart from the beginning of last season when he set up more goals than Ozil of course. People's memories are short, the boy has quality, actual quality which we now don't have and Milan now do.

Christ some people are backwards, quite happy with Bolasie but want Deulofeu gone? The mind boggles.

When has he EVER had that run of games? Apart from the beginning of last season when he set up more goals than Ozil of course. People's memories are short, the boy has quality, actual quality which we now don't have and Milan now do.

Christ some people are backwards, quite happy with Bolasie but want Deulofeu gone? The mind boggles.

When has he ever had that run of games? Maybe between August 2016 and January 2017. Give me a run of games this season were he consistently contributed to the team. Even in the Leicester cup game, he did brilliantly to set up the goal, then proceeded to stink the gaff out.

You say he's quality - I didn't once question his quality. It's his inability to produce quality with something approaching consistency which people will get impatient with. One of those people being Koeman.

You say people want him gone, when my post - the one you've replied to - says a spell on loan might be best for all parties. I'd be made up if he came back to the team next season stronger, fitter, more consistent and a better player for his loan spell. At no point did I say I want him gone.

Like you said, some people are definitely backwards.

If he is kept as an impact player only, will he develop in the manner needed to become a valuable asset?

Surely if he is out on loan playing 60-70 minutes per game, he'll become a far better player than he would warming the Everton bench, and we will at least realise some of the value for his potential if he is sold on.
Then that's up top our manager to make that step. He's our player, why should we expect another club to give him good ways? Where does that process end?

I know it would have been mentioned before in this thread as it is quite a common thought now. Generally when Koeman, Martinez who signed him, Emery multiple european trophy winner, Barcelona all find him to be not good enough for the first team on a consistent basis then that should send a message to us fans that he is not the right player for the club.

To be perfectly honest i enjoyed watching him and I myself thought he was going to be a great player for us. He certainly showed us in patches that he has the talent to be a great player, but too many managers have turned him away, even Martinez himself dropped him for the very average Lennon come the second half of the season last year which is an alarm bell straight away. He just seems to fall under a bracket, like Bojan, like Tello, like Allefay, like Depay, , Like Adu all for example, that they are young players with massive potential but for one reason or another they never make it to the top leagues consistently. He was always worth signing and playing here, it just has not worked out for us the same way it has not worked out elsewhere for him. If he proves himself in Milan then i am very happy for him, he has found his style of the game that suits him best and i look forward to playing against him in the future, hopefully at the champions league.

we need to sign players here that will make the first team no matter the manager, not keep ones in hope when they struggle becasue they could come good for us. Kagawa at dortmund to prove a point looked top class there and yet struggled in this country, if Gerard's best suited style ends up being Italian football then he is in the right place.

Milan fans still raving about him. Keep seeing them mention workrate too. Wonder if Italy just suits him very well or if this was the final kick up the backside he needed. We'll see I guess. See below for a discussion in English of the most recent match.

The Italian league is the slowest league in Europe he's found his home just like Robino did great place for luxury players who offer nothing without the ball ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.