Sporting 3-0 Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said after the first leg that I thought the Rodwell/Distin calamity would cost us the tie, and I still think it did.

We don't have the mental capacity to approach games such as that. Theres too much uncertainty.

The only thing I'm glad about is that we didn't lose just because of the pk Distin gave away. I could only imagine how his confidence would drop if his screw up was the sole reason we lost.

Edit: Also Jags should have started the game. Senderos is [Poor language removed].

I said after the first leg that I thought the Rodwell/Distin calamity would cost us the tie, and I still think it did.

We don't have the mental capacity to approach games such as that. Theres too much uncertainty.

Too much fear. Zero confidence. What a shambles. Fine them all, that wasn't Everton, it wasn't even Tranmere reserves, and to make things worse a cowboy outfit of no-mark wannabe t**ts gets through.

Massive fines, training 6 days out of seven, the seventh for matchdays, and silly fools like Bilyaletdinov to be kicked up the ass with the power he possesses in his left foot.

I just don't understand it though.... You play the 1st leg to gain an advantage, we did so. All we needed to do is score once and you'd say we'd be through.

What happens? 1shot on goal and lost 3.0. It confused moyes and he didn't have a plan b again when we weren't attacking in the first 20minutes

Moyes didn't come across well at all in his post match interview then.

Upon being asked "Do attentions turn to Tottenham now?" "Do you think I'm thinking about Tottenham now?"

Then something like "I suppose not, but is the effort on now picking up the players and getting them focused on Tottenham?" - "I'm not thinking about Tottenham"

Sounds like Moyes wants to give some people a good kicking before thinking about Tottenham. I'd love to join him.

I just don't understand it though.... You play the 1st leg to gain an advantage, we did so. All we needed to do is score once and you'd say we'd be through.
What happens? 1shot on goal and lost 3.0. It confused moyes and he didn't have a plan b again when we weren't attacking in the first 20minutes

thats what has piss*d me off the most about tonight - the tie was still in our hands - against fiorentina 2 years ago it wasn't - nobody expected us to turn it round, but tonight one goal... one solitary goal would have done it.
Form master-tactiction to clueless loser in five days

It's a bit pointless qualifying for Europe when we generally sh*t it when we play a decent team in it, if were being fair.

We're guilty of paying far too much respect to teams that just aren't all that.

Villareal. Bucharest. Standard Liege. Fiorontina.Lisbon. The list goes on and thats not including scraping through against Kharkov.

I'll say this again... Moyes isn't good in enough tactically in Europe

needs to take a leaf out of Roy hodgsons book, he knows Europe well and pulled fulham through some tight games this season

3 times LMA manager of the year you know.

Simply put we were crap. The way we set out to play was crap and the performances on the pitch were crap.

Why? Well the former lies with Moyes and Moyes only ,the latter with the players. Maybe the fact they are human meant this was always a game too much after the month we've just had. Fact is they aren't going to go out and play well every game.

But is it just coincidence they play crap in European away games against good oppisition more often than not?

Kinda hard to criticise too much after the previous 2 games no matter how gutted i am.

But we were crap and didn't deserve to win regardless of why.

Were [Poor language removed] in Europe, pains me to say but we are.

We give too much respect to foreign sorts, just go out and play at our tempo and let them worry about us instead of trying to play this "controlled football" bullsh*t.

Bearing in mind, I got no coaching badges like but I'm furious and just want to hurt things.

Moyes didn't come across well at all in his post match interview then.

Upon being asked "Do attentions turn to Tottenham now?" "Do you think I'm thinking about Tottenham now?"

Then something like "I suppose not, but is the effort on now picking up the players and getting them focused on Tottenham?" - "I'm not thinking about Tottenham"

severely brassed off i think dan, and not wanting to face the cameras, he's got some arses to kick and channel 5 dragged him away from doing so.

he probably feels like taking some of the fans home on the chartered flight and letting the team find their own way back on easyjet via ljubljiana and suchlike.

he looked to me like a man that will have them at finch for 7 am in the morn, scrubbing the bogs and then joggin' in to town.

Status
Not open for further replies.