Magnificent Marouane Fellaini’s pirouette now part of Everton FC’s folklore

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't believe you are dissing our greatest ever squad

Im not dissing them i just think the squad we have now is better which is my opinion not a fact, i think the quality of football nowadays is miles better than back then and the pace is much faster and the fitness levels are much higher.

his nonchalance whilst executing that wonderful piece of skill is just so semi-inducing.

it was deffo yin/yan

the most laid back player in the prem casually taking it away from one of the highest tempo players in the prem going at full pelt, leaving him in disbelief whilst his pulse rate didn't even alter.

he couldnt have done it to anyone better than that little r/s bellend

Mannys bits of skill against Arsenal and especially Portsmouth were miles better than Fellaini's, difference is Fellaini has more to his game than just the fancy tricks. I'll take the Fella of the last 6 weeks any day.

Moment of class from Manny...

But Fellaini was a whole different class for 90minutes and that trick was just the icing on the cake.;)

He Pwned Citeh.

Moment of class from Manny...

But Fellaini was a whole different class for 90minutes and that trick was just the icing on the cake.;)

He Pwned Citeh.

Exactly mofro is looking miles better than manny especially the form hes been in recently awesome and the 12-15 million we spent on him is looking like money well spent ;);)

He's right. The pace of the game has changed dramatically since 1985. The fitness levels of players these days are much higher.

he's wrong the 85 team were the best in their day and given modern training would walk all over the modern team

its like saying lennox lewis would beat ali

Over the years Tim Cahill has been my mentor and I even copy his celebration every time I score a goal for my college,going in the corner boxing with the flags

BUT! Fellaini is rapidly becoming my favourite current player just behing Jags and Cahill is going down this season.

Attaboy Felli;), you were born to wear the royal jersey don't go astray like all the other fools. This is where you belong,go tell you dad that!;)

he's wrong the 85 team were the best in their day and given modern training would walk all over the modern team

its like saying lennox lewis would beat ali

He's right because nobody said anything about them being given modern training. And even then, there's no gaurantee that the 85 team would be better. It's a pointless arguement as is Lewis vs Ali.

'85 v '10

it is 25 years different, but jut because it was in the past does not mean they were worse players. i'd imagine the brazil team of '70 would give anybody a run for their money these days!

the '85 team won world team of the year and apart from all being exceptionally gifted in their own specialized positions, they were a fantastic team unit.

i don't want to pick holes in our current team, but i'd imagine sheedy would have a field day against our right side. not much would get past southall. and with mountfield and ratcliffe in their prime in front of him he would not have much to do anyway.

bilyaletdinov against van den hauwe? i can't see much change for the right winger there.

it would be an interesting match, but given all things equal, i'd trade this team in for the '85 team in a shot.

'85 v '10

it is 25 years different, but jut because it was in the past does not mean they were worse players. i'd imagine the brazil team of '70 would give anybody a run for their money these days!

the '85 team won world team of the year and apart from all being exceptionally gifted in their own specialized positions, they were a fantastic team unit.

i don't want to pick holes in our current team, but i'd imagine sheedy would have a field day against our right side. not much would get past southall. and with mountfield and ratcliffe in their prime in front of him he would not have much to do anyway.

bilyaletdinov against van den hauwe? i can't see much change for the right winger there.

it would be an interesting match, but given all things equal, i'd trade this team in for the '85 team in a shot.

correctumundo

Last edited:
common sense prevails yet again

look dude, i'm not taking sides, and i think saying 'common sense prevails' is disrespectful to other users point of view.

i think this current team is great, and since the money has come in to the game with all the imports the quality level of the league has risen sharply. it would be a very interesting match.

it's a good question, who is better, but my gut feeling is the '85 team were. they were world beaters.

look dude, i'm not taking sides, and i think saying 'common sense prevails' is disrespectful to other users point of view.

i think this current team is great, and since the money has come in to the game with all the imports the quality level of the league has risen sharply. it would be a very interesting match.

it's a good question, who is better, but my gut feeling is the '85 team were. they were world beaters.

gu feeling
first div champs and the best in the world versus a bunch of average players not much to work out really is there

Status
Not open for further replies.