Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
And equally no keeper should make a duff punch causing uncertainty and increasing risk.

If you can't keep catch it, stay on your line and deal with what happens next.

Ding Dong some people cannot even see a crap goalie even when he plays crap most every game.

It was a good punch under pressure, he cleared it out over 22 yards and to the left wing. What happened after that was through no fault of his and to claim otherwise shows you are either ignorant about goalkeeping or desperate to lay blame of any kind without substance.

And equally no keeper should make a duff punch causing uncertainty and increasing risk.

If you can't keep catch it, stay on your line and deal with what happens next.

Ding Dong some people cannot even see a crap goalie even when he plays crap most every game.

hahahaha it gets better, so according to you keepers should never punch the ball!!!

this is the level of goaltender knowledge we are dealing with here

The thing with Howard is people think he's better than he is because he makes routine saves look like worldies. That and the fact that he's American, gets him many fan boys. It's like in the world Cup, I thought his 16 saves were bang average, he was even going to the floor to soon.

He's been a decent shot blocker for years. This season he hasn't been. His positional sense is horrendous. He has lead in his boots and he's definitely dropped us many points.

It was a good punch under pressure, he cleared it out over 22 yards and to the left wing. What happened after that was through no fault of his and to claim otherwise shows you are either ignorant about goalkeeping or desperate to lay blame of any kind without substance.
If he did what Robles did in his three games with his commanding of his area - punching ,and catching coming out for balls on corners - he could have saved us many points forget TH agility as it has left him!
The Chelsea game my bet Robles at 6.4 tall would have caught that ball in the last five minutes, not punched straight to William or he would have punched it to the to line away from danger.
He was the form goal Keeper Dougie You do not drop a in form Keeper with three clean sheets to his name, R M will always go down in my estimation for doing this , and leaving us in the dire position the team is in now as TH keeping as lost us points - Leicester he had a mare off a game , and RM worrying praised him?

image.jpg

Just found to leave this here, I see Joel, but where is Tim eh'

If he did what Robles did in his three games with his commanding of his area - punching ,and catching coming out for balls on corners - he could have saved us many points forget TH agility as it has left him!
The Chelsea game my bet Robles at 6.4 tall would have caught that ball in the last five minutes, not punched straight to William or he would have punched it to the to line away from danger.
He was the form goal Keeper Dougie You do not drop a in form Keeper with three clean sheets to his name, R M will always go down in my estimation for doing this , and leaving us in the dire position the team is in now as TH keeping as lost us points - Leicester he had a mare off a game , and RM worrying praised him?

No goalkeeper in the league, bar maybe Courtois, would have attempted to catch that ball under pressure. Besides that Robles punches the ball more than Howard it's one of the reasons most people were concerned about him coming into the team because his punching is so erratic.

Martinez was always going to reinstate Howard when he was fit, he's clearly his number 1 goalkeeper who has his faith because he's a better goalkeeper than Robles. If this decision has altered your opinion of Martinez I'd imagine you had been wavering before it was made because it was the clear and obvious decision that every other manager would have done.

No goalkeeper in the league, bar maybe Courtois, would have attempted to catch that ball under pressure. Besides that Robles punches the ball more than Howard it's one of the reasons most people were concerned about him coming into the team because his punching is so erratic.

Martinez was always going to reinstate Howard when he was fit, he's clearly his number 1 goalkeeper who has his faith because he's a better goalkeeper than Robles. If this decision has altered your opinion of Martinez I'd imagine you had been wavering before it was made because it was the clear and obvious decision that every other manager would have done.
You obviously didn't watch the Palace game. Robles came out and caught everything that day. He was a massive part of our only win this year. Pretend he wasn't all you want but as usual Dougie, you're wrong.

Dougie I have to disagree with you yet again Robles at 6 ft 4 would have been better placed. To catch or punch that ball better than TH - look at the stats this season on both keepers - it's your a opinIon to defend TH , but you are one of very few TH is not fit to lace our legend keepers boots such as Gordon West - Nigel Martin- and the great Nev - he should never been given a contract till the age of 39 based on one game in the World Cup - if he is left in the team we are going to maybe avoid relegation by a hairs breath - I have seen Managers come and go the greatest EFC Managers the - Harry Cattericks , and Howard Kendalls - I think after the Leicester game they would have dropped TH or never fetched him back in the first place. How must Robles feel when he sees the mistakes TH is making?
- HC in particular played players on form not because he thought they were an automatic choice I.e. A no 1!v

Why even sign Robles then? Why not just let one of the youth players keep that seat warm on the bench?

You obviously didn't watch the Palace game. Robles came out and caught everything that day. He was a massive part of our only win this year. Pretend he wasn't all you want but as usual Dougie, you're wrong.

What about the one Jags cleared of the line after Robles dropped it? Or the corner were he misses it and Stones cleared off the line.

Had you forgotten about them or were you just trying to pretend they didn't happen to attempt at making a point?

Status
Not open for further replies.