All the EFC replica kits are close to selling out

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if you are right, where was this spelt out by the club? Anyway, a '6-8 month supply chain'! Ye Gods, I doubt if a new Ferrari has that long a production and supply chain, never mind a piece of clothing made under sweat shop conditions somewhere in the Far East!

PS - the point you make over tickets is irrelevant - there is no way you can increase supply; to use the economists' phrase, supply is perfectly ineleastic -- the same cannot be said of merchandise.
agreed, tickets are not the same (although supply can be increased, whether negotiating an increase away allocation, or the decision to build a new ground), but just wanted to make the point that, as a club, we are selling out (materially, not our soul), and that we should see this as a positive

agreed, tickets are not the same (although supply can be increased, whether negotiating an increase away allocation, or the decision to build a new ground), but just wanted to make the point that, as a club, we are selling out (materially, not our soul), and that we should see this as a positive

Nobody's complaining that the shirts are selling out. The complaints are that they are selling out so frequently and predictably, which illustrates the lack of foresight/control of the supplier, and more importantly that the supplier knew early (they released the information in October, which means the probably knew in September, if not August) that they would not have enough for Christmas.

Like someone mentioned previously, it's not rocket surgery. How many other clubs in England are out of stock twice before Christmas?

Nobody's complaining that the shirts are selling out. The complaints are that they are selling out so frequently and predictably, which illustrates the lack of foresight/control of the supplier, and more importantly that the supplier knew early (they released the information in October, which means the probably knew in September, if not August) that they would not have enough for Christmas.

Like someone mentioned previously, it's not rocket surgery. How many other clubs in England are out of stock twice before Christmas?

we're going round in circles here. If you're not prepared to accept that a 65% increase is extraordinary, and therefore difficult to predict and you are not prepared to accept that there is a very long lead-time for the products, then there is really no point in debating it.
As for your last point, the simple answer is probably no other English club has got anywhere near such an increase and that the biggest club in the world DID sell out

I just hope Father Christmas brings me the size 10-13 home socks I asked for!

we're going round in circles here. If you're not prepared to accept that a 65% increase is extraordinary, and therefore difficult to predict and you are not prepared to accept that there is a very long lead-time for the products, then there is really no point in debating it.
As for your last point, the simple answer is probably no other English club has got anywhere near such an increase and that the biggest club in the world DID sell out

For which of the top selling clubs did kitbag run out of stock both at the beginning of league play and before Christmas? I'm not aware of this data, although I've looked for it.

I don't think anyone denies the increase in demand (although where is the data?), rather what's impressive is the extraordinarily poor response by kitbag.

Biggest number of home kits ever sold so yes, we are having quite a year. Interestingly, sold far more tops than Man City, who won the league last year - puts a different slant on the argument that because we played quite well last year and qualified for Europe that we should have anticipated the demand. Also kits already ordered now for next year, so a bit harsh to expect the club/kitbag to have predicted a 65% increase
Watch out for the green 3rd kit next season!
Just out of interest. How do you know we've sold more kits than city. Is there a link to shirt sales somewhere?

Why the 3rd kit?

It's gonna look like this :

wigan-athletic-third-shirt.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.