All the EFC replica kits are close to selling out

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Blockhead has said last seasons kits sold in record numbers so it's nothing to do with the badge. Demand is up on what was a record shirt sale season so what most of you are saying makes no sense
Where are you basing your numbers that last year was record sales? Perhaps I am wrong, but in reading Elstones blog on Nov 7, he states kit sales are up 65% over the same 12 month period the year before, so if you are correct that last year was a record, we really are having some year on the kit sales front!

Where are you basing your numbers that last year was record sales? Perhaps I am wrong, but in reading Elstones blog on Nov 7, he states kit sales are up 65% over the same 12 month period the year before, so if you are correct that last year was a record, we really are having some year on the kit sales front!
You know what they say...32.7% of all statistics are made up...

Biggest number of home kits ever sold so yes, we are having quite a year. Interestingly, sold far more tops than Man City, who won the league last year - puts a different slant on the argument that because we played quite well last year and qualified for Europe that we should have anticipated the demand. Also kits already ordered now for next year, so a bit harsh to expect the club/kitbag to have predicted a 65% increase
Watch out for the green 3rd kit next season!

would love t o see a link.... surely would have been publicized by the club.

Biggest number of home kits ever sold so yes, we are having quite a year. Interestingly, sold far more tops than Man City, who won the league last year - puts a different slant on the argument that because we played quite well last year and qualified for Europe that we should have anticipated the demand. Also kits already ordered now for next year, so a bit harsh to expect the club/kitbag to have predicted a 65% increase
Watch out for the green 3rd kit next season!
I'd always back us to be selling more tops than City -- we've a much bigger fanbase for a start despite their current status. So no 'different slant at all. The whole merchandising effort has been a joke and the fans deserve a FULL explanation of how we've ended up in this situation, not just an apology.

I'd always back us to be selling more tops than City -- we've a much bigger fanbase for a start despite their current status. So no 'different slant at all. The whole merchandising effort has been a joke and the fans deserve a FULL explanation of how we've ended up in this situation, not just an apology.
We've had a full explanation: sales of the home kit increased by 65%! Are you telling me that last December you would have predicted that? We should celebrate the fact that we have sold out, just like for home and away games at the moment. Real Madrid sales increased by over 100% and guess what, they sold out too. The only difference is that their fans aren't blaming the club.

How long can it possibly take these kids to produce a few kits in a Chinese sweat shop, Its nearly Christmas here FFS

We've had a full explanation: sales of the home kit increased by 65%! Are you telling me that last December you would have predicted that? We should celebrate the fact that we have sold out, just like for home and away games at the moment. Real Madrid sales increased by over 100% and guess what, they sold out too. The only difference is that their fans aren't blaming the club.
If we've had a full explanation then you tell me what was said about how the decisions on how much to supply were taken. For example, is the decision made by Umbro or Kitbag? Who in turn do they take advice from in setting their supply levels? Are Everton involved in this process? How crude or sophisticated is the procedure for estimating demand? Was there any account taken of the huge demand over the closed season so that supplies for the Xmas period would be increased. How does demand this season compare with seasons immediately before the low-demand period of 2013/4? How can sales be up 65% if the stock wasn't there? Or is this frequently quoted figure merely an estimate of demand?

I did see an article stating that the 2012/13 kit was up 20% on the 2011/12 kit sales. Which means either we've had 3 record breaking kits in a row, or like a few of us believe, the 2013/14 kit was a poor seller.

If we've had a full explanation then you tell me what was said about how the decisions on how much to supply were taken. For example, is the decision made by Umbro or Kitbag? Who in turn do they take advice from in setting their supply levels? Are Everton involved in this process? How crude or sophisticated is the procedure for estimating demand? Was there any account taken of the huge demand over the closed season so that supplies for the Xmas period would be increased. How does demand this season compare with seasons immediately before the low-demand period of 2013/4? How can sales be up 65% if the stock wasn't there? Or is this frequently quoted figure merely an estimate of demand?
Kitbag are in charge of the supply chain, but i am sure that they consult with the club. They supply kits for most of the major clubs in the world, American football, Ryder Cup, etc, so i am guessing they have a slightly better than crude procedure for estimating demand.
On what figures are you basing the low-demand period of 2013/4?
Sales are sales - they are up 65%! That means that there was stock to cover this - quite simple really. The overall demand was obviously higher than this but, as i posted originally, last December would you have ordered even more stock, given that normally you are left with unsold stock after the end of the season?
As pointed out, next year's kits are already ordered, so the supply chain is 6-8 months. Not sure exactly when the kits went on sale, but that would seem to fit in with date of February for getting new stock in. The supply chain is governed by the actions of Adidas/Nike, so people can blame the club if they like, but there is not much they can do.
On Friday Goodison Park is sold out. Will the people who can't get tickets be having a go at the club for not anticipating demand. On Sunday, we are going up to Newcastle for a live tv game and again, we have sold out. Should those who couldn't get a ticket criticise the club for not securing a bigger allocation? For Lille, Wolfsburg, and presumably Berne, the club worked to try to get the biggest allocation they could. Likewise with the kits, the club have tried to alleviate the problem. With what's been happening on the pitch recently, we have enough to be depressed about, so let's celebrate the fact that we have enough passionate fans who want to go to the game and wear the kit.

Kitbag are in charge of the supply chain, but i am sure that they consult with the club. They supply kits for most of the major clubs in the world, American football, Ryder Cup, etc, so i am guessing they have a slightly better than crude procedure for estimating demand.
Sales are sales - they are up 65%! That means that there was stock to cover this - quite simple really. The overall demand was obviously higher than this but, as i posted originally, last December would you have ordered even more stock, given that normally you are left with unsold stock after the end of the season?
As pointed out, next year's kits are already ordered, so the supply chain is 6-8 months. Not sure exactly when the kits went on sale, but that would seem to fit in with date of February for getting new stock in. The supply chain is governed by the actions of Adidas/Nike, so people can blame the club if they like, but there is not much they can do.
On Friday Goodison Park is sold out. Will the people who can't get tickets be having a go at the club for not anticipating demand. On Sunday, we are going up to Newcastle for a live tv game and again, we have sold out. Should those who couldn't get a ticket criticise the club for not securing a bigger allocation? For Lille, Wolfsburg, and presumably Berne, the club worked to try to get the biggest allocation they could. Likewise with the kits, the club have tried to alleviate the problem. With what's been happening on the pitch recently, we have enough to be depressed about, so let's celebrate the fact that we have enough passionate fans who want to go to the game and wear the kit.

We get the crappy end of the stick where Kitbag is involved, kits are always out late in Summer. Some even launched after the season is started. It's poor we accept it after excuse and excuse from Kitbag. The shortage of kits has been known for a number of months now, we should have been putting more pressure on Kitbag to pull there finger out and get it sorted quicker than Febuary. It's clothing, not an engineered product.

So, if you are right, where was this spelt out by the club? Anyway, a '6-8 month supply chain'! Ye Gods, I doubt if a new Ferrari has that long a production and supply chain, never mind a piece of clothing made under sweat shop conditions somewhere in the Far East!

PS - the point you make over tickets is irrelevant - there is no way you can increase supply; to use the economists' phrase, supply is perfectly ineleastic -- the same cannot be said of merchandise.

Status
Not open for further replies.