January 2015 transfer window ( No GIFs allowed )(Nor fish puns ffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to believe Martinez on this, unless we get an unexpected long term injury to a couple of key players. We just need a few weeks with a fit squad and a few wins, and the swagger will return. The only other thing that will trigger any transfer activity is if there are any outgoings, which I'm not expecting.

but we have had a pretty much full squad back now for a while (except stones) and you know what, we have played the most boring and predictable football I have ever seen.

We only have one winger who is any good and he got injured just before the busiest time in English football. We have no one else. Pienaar can only play one match before he gets injured again plus he is crap. atsu injured plus crap, McGeady just plain crap, osman injured and crap on the wing, Naismith crap on the wing, barkley crap on the wing.

how anyone can say we don't despretly need to strengthen in the up coming transfer window is insane. distan and howard need replacing immediately, nearly every goal we have conceded has been a mistake by one of them this season (I wish I was over exaggerating).

With good players available in the January transfer window. keepers like zieler with apparently 6mil release clause. players that are on Bosmans that can sign pre contracts and come in for nominal fees in January or even players who we could get in on loan like Bernard from shakhtar who is literally coming out every week and begging for someone to get him because he is scared for his life in Ukraine.

With issues like these in our squad and players available in January there is no reason why we can't strengthen in January.

This crap that you pay through the nose in January dose my head in. If you want to buy a teams best player the obviously you will be playing a high price but there are fantastic bargains to be had.

but we have had a pretty much full squad back now for a while (except stones) and you know what, we have played the most boring and predictable football I have ever seen.

We only have one winger who is any good and he got injured just before the busiest time in English football. We have no one else. Pienaar can only play one match before he gets injured again plus he is crap. atsu injured plus crap, McGeady just plain crap, osman injured and crap on the wing, Naismith crap on the wing, barkley crap on the wing.

how anyone can say we don't despretly need to strengthen in the up coming transfer window is insane. distan and howard need replacing immediately, nearly every goal we have conceded has been a mistake by one of them this season (I wish I was over exaggerating).

With good players available in the January transfer window. keepers like zieler with apparently 6mil release clause. players that are on Bosmans that can sign pre contracts and come in for nominal fees in January or even players who we could get in on loan like Bernard from shakhtar who is literally coming out every week and begging for someone to get him because he is scared for his life in Ukraine.

With issues like these in our squad and players available in January there is no reason why we can't strengthen in January.

This crap that you pay through the nose in January dose my head in. If you want to buy a teams best player the obviously you will be playing a high price but there are fantastic bargains to be had.

While you do raise some good points, especially on Howard and Distin, I just don't think Mr Martinez sees it as an issue.

Best to get used to the idea that we're stuck with them.

While you do raise some good points, especially on Howard and Distin, I just don't think Mr Martinez sees it as an issue.

Best to get used to the idea that we're stuck with them.

Yeah I know. I really am starting to worry the martinez is becoming to loyal to certain players to drop them, a habit I was hopeing left this club with moyes.

Yeah I know. I really am starting to worry the martinez is becoming to loyal to certain players to drop them, a habit I was hopeing left this club with moyes.

Not sure mate to be honest. Could be that.

We're not a rich club, so it's probably a gradual process of getting rid of the old guard. Won't happen all at once.

I do not expect much transfer activity in January. Even if we had unlimited funds I think that we no longer need to sign average players to bolster
a lopsided or weak squad.
We have a strong squad and we have an academy with some very talented youngster who appear to have a bright future ahead of them.
When we sign a player he needs to be at least as good as what we have and preferably better , generally speaking the better players are not made available by their clubs in January with the possible exception of players whose contracts are on the verge of running out.

We don't need to add five or six players to the squad, but we do need two , maybe three very good players.
A goalkeeper...possibly
A new centrehalf....maybe.
A good,strong,pacy,powerful winger...definitely
A creative no. 10...imo , definitely.

It depends on what the manager really thinks about Robles, Browning and a couple of other youngsters.
I want to see quality added, the days of needing quantity are gone....for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.