January 2015 transfer window ( No GIFs allowed )(Nor fish puns ffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously you guys are free to take this with a pinch of salt (and by a pinch, i mean a bucket) but a guy I know who is involved with the club told me a few things tonight:

Nyland was a very real possibility but unfortunately the club just couldn't agree on how the fee for the player was going to be structured. Nyland himself wasn't incredibly keen at the prospect of being 3rd/2nd choice. Martinez was also hovering around a loan deal for that Adama Traore from Barcelona, but he ended up going for Aaron Lennon instead.

West Ham came in for Distin as reported on deadline day and had quite a cheap fee accepted for him as Martinez wants to get him off of the books. Unfortunately had absolutely nothing to do with Winston Reid coming the other way and he didn't mention if we'd have got another CB in, but chances are Tyias Browning would of become 4th choice. Typically, Distin demanded way too high wages for West Ham to accept and they bawked at his wage demands. Nothing to do with the whole Adebayor situation.

Mirallas has pissed off a few people at the club because of his antics especially with him announcing that he wants a 'new challenge', but most people don't mind too much. The coaches are raving about Galloway and think he could maybe even be considered for moving in the first team squad sooner than first expected. Osman's injury is also not career ending as suggested by some people. Pienaar though will struggle to get into the side from now on. Finally, Barkley's head has well and truly gone before the derby, very much a confidence player. Certainly hoping for Naismith to start.

Don't even want to become some forum #itk guy hahaha, just thought it would be nice to share what a mate has said. This is also the lad who said that Coleman was definitely going last summer so... yeah.

Obviously you guys are free to take this with a pinch of salt (and by a pinch, i mean a bucket) but a guy I know who is involved with the club told me a few things tonight:

Nyland was a very real possibility but unfortunately the club just couldn't agree on how the fee for the player was going to be structured. Nyland himself wasn't incredibly keen at the prospect of being 3rd/2nd choice. Martinez was also hovering around a loan deal for that Adama Traore from Barcelona, but he ended up going for Aaron Lennon instead.

West Ham came in for Distin as reported on deadline day and had quite a cheap fee accepted for him as Martinez wants to get him off of the books. Unfortunately had absolutely nothing to do with Winston Reid coming the other way and he didn't mention if we'd have got another CB in, but chances are Tyias Browning would of become 4th choice. Typically, Distin demanded way too high wages for West Ham to accept and they bawked at his wage demands. Nothing to do with the whole Adebayor situation.

Mirallas has pissed off a few people at the club because of his antics especially with him announcing that he wants a 'new challenge', but most people don't mind too much. The coaches are raving about Galloway and think he could maybe even be considered for moving in the first team squad sooner than first expected. Osman's injury is also not career ending as suggested by some people. Pienaar though will struggle to get into the side from now on. Finally, Barkley's head has well and truly gone before the derby, very much a confidence player. Certainly hoping for Naismith to start.

Don't even want to become some forum #itk guy hahaha, just thought it would be nice to share what a mate has said. This is also the lad who said that Coleman was definitely going last summer so... yeah.

Will the keeper deal go ahead in the summer or the club move to another keeper now. Any news on Garbutt going in the summer as he's not been guaranteed playing time. Strong news on Cleverly coming in too. Big changes in the summer I think new keeper, defender a couple of midfielders and another forward and some deadwood going

Will the keeper deal go ahead in the summer or the club move to another keeper now. Any news on Garbutt going in the summer as he's not been guaranteed playing time. Strong news on Cleverly coming in too. Big changes in the summer I think new keeper, defender a couple of midfielders and another forward and some deadwood going

Got to be honest, I can't answer most of those questions but Distin is definitely going, and Martinez doesn't like Garbutt being a bit of a snide. He's also pretty keen on Cleverley on a free. Not got a clue about the goalie.

no gifs, fish puns. haven't seen much cheese either, has chico's mar got a mention
not much of a thread tbh
also just twigged it's not January either
will swerve this

Status
Not open for further replies.