January 2015 transfer window ( No GIFs allowed )(Nor fish puns ffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...not linked with us but understand (from TalkSport early this morning) that Wesley Schnieder is wanting a move to the Prem. Apparently prepared to take a wage cut to £50k net per week. Has the same agent as Ronald Koelman so Soton keen on making this happen but I know some on here think we are a bit short on creative types.
Really don't think he'll be able to cope with the pace and intensity of the BPL anymore.

4) A goalkeeper. Let's be honest, Howard won't be any younger regardless of any miraculous diet or tricks he tends to use. The older a footballer gets, the more mistake-prone he is and our own Captain America is a perfect example of that. Joel isn't of quality Everton require, he should be sold immediately. Germany is the market I'd take a look at in this department, as the German Bundesliga has a lot of talented and at the same time experienced goalies. Kevin Trapp, Ron-Robert Zieler are already very good (especially the first one) and both can be pretty cheap come summer, as both see their contracts expire in June 2016. But in the current situation, I'd take an especially long look at FSV Mainz 05's Loris Karius, who is available on a Bosman in June 2015. Considering that, he would be really cheap in January, but would instantaneously add much needed quality to our goal.
What about Maarten Stekelenburg? He's 2nd choice at Monaco (on loan) now, he'd probably be open to a move where he has a better chance of being 1st choice keeper. He's still owned by Fulham so I doubt his fee would be very high.

Really don't think he'll be able to cope with the pace and intensity of the BPL anymore.

....interesting. You'll know that better than me but he's never appeared to be the pacey or energetic type and must only be around 30 age mark. Always liked him for being able to pick a defence splitting pass, good footballer.

What about Maarten Stekelenburg? He's 2nd choice at Monaco (on loan) now, he'd probably be open to a move where he has a better chance of being 1st choice keeper. He's still owned by Fulham so I doubt his fee would be very high.

....there's a fella across Stanley Pk that cost the reds £10m 18 months or so ago, probably get him for less than half that now.

Was pretty poor at Fulham if memory serves me.

Seemed ok before then.

However, we're not signing anyone.

1ce3688069415ebbf6806af012fdec59.png

cue the fume.....

He's clearly not been reading this thread then

I tend to believe Martinez on this, unless we get an unexpected long term injury to a couple of key players. We just need a few weeks with a fit squad and a few wins, and the swagger will return. The only other thing that will trigger any transfer activity is if there are any outgoings, which I'm not expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.