MOTM: VFL Wolfsburg Vs. Everton FC - Europa League Grp H - Thursday 27th Nov - 18:00KO

MOTM

• Howard

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • Hibbert

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Jagielka

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Distin

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • Garbutt

• McGeady

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • MacCarthy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Besic

Votes: 46 22.9%
  • Mirallas

• Etoo

• Lukaku

Votes: 91 45.3%
  • Osman

• Barkley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atsu

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, why does it seem your rating system is designed specifically to irk people? I voted for Lukaku, just because he seems to finally be putting a run together and showing us what we signed him for. Beasting defences and slotting it. Besic has equal claim to MOTM and we're going to really need him to be on top of his game in the coming fixtures if McCarthy's injury is serious.

See I voted Lukaku myself last night but like me you added variables into the equation that have not happened oin the match. I dono if that's right. Swap Mirallas performance around with Lukakus and I think we still woild give MOTM to Rom. I think we feel it's our duty to vote him because our main striker needs that extra love.

is it possible that Jags and Distin looked good because for most of the game, particularly the first hour they were well protected / game broken up in front of them by Besic ? Besic for me too.

Based on davek rating system

Howard 8 ( positionally superb all night and made some good saves when he was called upon )

Hibbert 4 ( very poor I thought. Run ragged and on another night could of easily conceded 3 from his poor display in the 1st half alone )

Distin 7 ( composed on the ball, excellent )

Jagielka 8 ( MOTM for me )

Garbutt 6 ( good game from the lad. Very mature performance, not a foot wrong )

McCarthy ??

Besic 7 ( broke up play well and stepped up his game when mccarthy went off. Decent game )

McGeady 5 ( didnt really get in the game much, but I think that was down to Hibbert behind him. Put a shift in and didnt stop all night.

Mirallas 7 ( superb goal and we have missed his determination and being so direct. Always a massive threat on the counter )

Eto'o 5 ( his passing was shocking all night. Said somewhere else that had mcgeady wore number 5 last night, he would be ripped to shreds. Only reason why I didnt give a 4 was because his experience in europe was vital. Example: taking the sting out of the game after going a goal up by slightly faking injury and staying down, frustrating them.

Lukaku 7 ( better from him, some touches still bouncing everywhere, cant judge a header but slotted beautifully. Hold up play improving and looks more sharp )

Osman 6
Barkley 5

Based on davek rating system

Howard 8 ( positionally superb all night and made some good saves when he was called upon )

Hibbert 4 ( very poor I thought. Run ragged and on another night could of easily conceded 3 from his poor display in the 1st half alone )

Distin 7 ( composed on the ball, excellent )

Jagielka 8 ( MOTM for me )

Garbutt 6 ( good game from the lad. Very mature performance, not a foot wrong )

McCarthy ??

Besic 7 ( broke up play well and stepped up his game when mccarthy went off. Decent game )

McGeady 5 ( didnt really get in the game much, but I think that was down to Hibbert behind him. Put a shift in and didnt stop all night.

Mirallas 7 ( superb goal and we have missed his determination and being so direct. Always a massive threat on the counter )

Eto'o 5 ( his passing was shocking all night. Said somewhere else that had mcgeady wore number 5 last night, he would be ripped to shreds. Only reason why I didnt give a 4 was because his experience in europe was vital. Example: taking the sting out of the game after going a goal up by slightly faking injury and staying down, frustrating them.

Lukaku 7 ( better from him, some touches still bouncing everywhere, cant judge a header but slotted beautifully. Hold up play improving and looks more sharp )

Osman 6
Barkley 5

So McGeady constantly giving the ball away and missing an open goal was down to Hibbert. I've heard it all now.

Of course, Hibbert's problems are all down to himself and nothing to do with the lack of cover or ability to retain possession of the player in front of him.

Mirallas was my second choice behind Lukaku who did the same, but was a bit more Lukakuesque than Mirallas.

I gave it to Lukaku as well.
I just think that when he is on form he is such a difficult player for defences to play against.
He is a best of a man and goal apart his display was crucial in our win last night.

Mirallas, 1 goal 1 assist: 7 votes

Besic: N/A: 38 votes

thankfully football is more than stats and other stuff goes on besides rom & kevs goal and assist each, good as they were.

Besic was very very good and took a lot of responsibility on in managing the game, taking possession constantly and attempting to drive us forward. Could've watched him breeze past their players all night!

Kev was a bit meh-kev, for me, apart from a couple of moments even thought they were key.You can see he is going to fire soon though, hopefully Ross will too!

So McGeady constantly giving the ball away and missing an open goal was down to Hibbert. I've heard it all now.

Of course, Hibbert's problems are all down to himself and nothing to do with the lack of cover or ability to retain possession of the player in front of him.
Where did I say his sitter was down to hibbert ? Mcgeady constantly giving the ball away? Did you actually watch the game or are you assuming? Mcgeady was wearing 7 mate, not 5.

He couldnt really get into the game because hibbert was playing so far back. Wolfsburg targeted that area for a reason. We couldnt get anything going down our right. Rightfully I gave hibbert a 4 and mcgeady a 5.

Where did I say his sitter was down to hibbert ? Mcgeady constantly giving the ball away? Did you actually watch the game or are you assuming? Mcgeady was wearing 7 mate, not 5.

He couldnt really get into the game because hibbert was playing so far back. Wolfsburg targeted that area for a reason. We couldnt get anything going down our right. Rightfully I gave hibbert a 4 and mcgeady a 5.

No mate, I don't watch the games. I entirely base my posts on a random comment generator I designed as part of my GCSE computer science.

Status
Not open for further replies.