MOTM: VFL Wolfsburg Vs. Everton FC - Europa League Grp H - Thursday 27th Nov - 18:00KO

MOTM

• Howard

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • Hibbert

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Jagielka

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Distin

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • Garbutt

• McGeady

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • MacCarthy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Besic

Votes: 46 22.9%
  • Mirallas

• Etoo

• Lukaku

Votes: 91 45.3%
  • Osman

• Barkley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atsu

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOTM ratings

Howard, 5
Hibbert, 5
Garbutt, 5
Jagielka, 6
Distin, 6
Besic, 7
McCarthy, 5
Mirallas, 7
Naismith 4
McGeady, 5
Eto'o, 6
Lukaku 8

I voted Lukaku. I'm always curious about the stats though.

I thought he held up the ball well, looked solid, scored, and setup the second goal. Well in lad.

Probably now will be sidelined with a toe injury ffs.

Perisic ripped Tony a new one until they switched him on to Lukes wing. MacGeady helped him out a lot but Perisic could have scored 4 on another night.Perisic was not as dangerous after the switch.

I have defended Tony many times in the past and to be fair, Perisic is genuine quality, Seamus would have his work cut out but to give Tony 6 for his performance tonight is to let the afterglow of a great result affect the judgement.

That was a brilliant game and I thought they all played well. Garbutt looked very comfortable against quality opposition. Lukaku had his best game of the season. Osman did really well but my MOM was Distin

Howard - 7
Hibbert - 6
Jagielka -7
Distin - 8
Garbutt - 7
Besic - 7
Osman - 6
McGeady - 4
Eto'o - 6
Mirallas - 7
Lukaku - 8

and my man of match was Distin. I think defence laid the platform for that win. McGeady did my head in

Such a small vote for Kevin. I don't care how you play, if you score and set one up you deserve more credit than that. I voted Lukaku but Mirallas should be up there.

Howard was at least an 8. Very good tonight. Yes most of their shots were off target but his positioning was excellent tonight and a few times when Howard had to be called upon, he was there.

Eto'o for me at least was our worst player. The result brushed over his performance and it was over looked. His passing was dreadful I thought and he annoyed the piss out of me.

Howard was at least an 8. Very good tonight. Yes most of their shots were off target but his positioning was excellent tonight and a few times when Howard had to be called upon, he was there.

Eto'o for me at least was our worst player. The result brushed over his performance and it was over looked. His passing was dreadful I thought and he annoyed the piss out of me.
yes, he wasn't great...perhaps I will amend my rating to a 5. Still ahead of McGeady though imo

My rating system is very conservative. 5/6 is good; 7/8 very good; 9/10 excellent.

Haha, why does it seem your rating system is designed specifically to irk people? I voted for Lukaku, just because he seems to finally be putting a run together and showing us what we signed him for. Beasting defences and slotting it. Besic has equal claim to MOTM and we're going to really need him to be on top of his game in the coming fixtures if McCarthy's injury is serious.

Voted for Garbutt given it was his European debut and only 2nd senior start yet didn't detect a hint of nerves. He was probably our most composed defender during the period in the first half when they were dominant.

But the whole team put in a good performance - European games are fun, we seem to be suited to them and hope they continue for a long time yet.

Some interesting opinions in here today.

I would say the stand-out performers for us were Distin, Garbutt, Besic, Mirallas and Lukaku. Also McCarthy before he went off, and Osman when he came on. Besic, although still a bit of a red card risk due to the physicality with which he plays, played well enough that we didn't miss Barry AND we managed fine when McCarthy went off. Note that it was Besic dropping back between Distin and Jags when we had the ball - that's a mark of Bobby's faith in him. Garbutt looked composed and although he's not the threat going forward that Baines is, he definitely did not look like a kid with almost zero first team experience. He defended well and that is his first and foremost job as a fullback. Distin came within a couple of inches of opening the scoring for us and worked very well with Garbutt - maybe I'm wrong but Wolfsburg didn't seem to have as much joy running at Distin and Garbutt as they did at Jags and Hibbo. Mirallas got a goal and an assist, and looked threatening all night long. Lukaku got his goal, which is his primary job.

Hibbo had his hands more than full with Perisic and I think we were lucky not to concede from the wave of attacks coming down that side in the first half.Perhaps it's actually harsh to say he didn't do much other than slow Perisic down, because plenty of other RBs will have the same problem this year. Jags is only escaping criticism because the linesman incorrectly called Wolfsburg offside for their first disallowed goal. As always, the captain was throwing himself in front of shots with last-second stretches and the like, but I have to wonder why he is so often in that situation. Positionally he's still not as good as Distin, in my eyes. McGeady.... Jesus, he's just not very good is he? Okay he put a shift in, so I cannot fault his hard work; but he offers zero going forward, and THAT miss - wow. I suppose he did last the full 90 minutes, which is a first. Eto'o for me was okay, but definitely faded as the game went on, and Howard was solid. Barkley didn't have much time to impress, but didn't do anything wrong, whereas Atsu just seemed invisible.

If we are going to continue playing the 4-2-3-1 I think we might want to bring in a couple more wingers. I certainly wouldn't complain if Perisic was one of them, because he seems to be able to play both sides and also as a striker.

MOTM ratings

Howard, 5
Hibbert, 5
Garbutt, 5
Jagielka, 6
Distin, 6
Besic, 7
McCarthy, 5
Mirallas, 7
Naismith 4
McGeady, 5
Eto'o, 6
Lukaku 8

You gave Garbutt 5 ?

What? :Blink:

Naismith didn't even play you beaut. He's at home with his leg up. Resting.

Status
Not open for further replies.