Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's going through a bad spell, just come back from a bad injury ,get behind him .Osman is getting praised today,
which he deserves ,wait until we lose and Osman plays , he 'll get loads of stick again.

When Barklay has a good game,which he will , he'll be a world beater again, according to people on here.

I think Barkley is the kind of player who needs to be 100% fit to be effective. He is very much an instinct player but if you're not fit then things don't come to you as quickly. I think Martinez knows this as well and is playing him into fitness and form, albeit out of position but that's because Naismith has been doing the business. Now Naismith is injured, barkley needs to take his chance and put in a good performance or 2 in behind the striker.

The main positive I took from Ross yesterday was his reaction when he was subbed: Ross clearly showed that he knew his performance was poor.

It is easy for players to get caught up in their own hype, yet Ross obviously knows he isn't playing as well as he would expect.

Hopefully, this will give him the drive to get himself back to full fitness and playing as well as we all believe he can.

The lad seriously needs to shape up. I think he's probably been on here reading about how great he is ('he's unique as a footballer'... 'We are a one man team' etc) judging by the way he was strolling around.

Not a premier league player at the minute.
!00% agree this lad should not be near the 1st team at the moment. He looks disinterested devoid of ideas and confidence and he tackles like a 6year old girl. (sorry girls)
Why is Ross a complete basket case?
I bigged him up before the game, hoping he would show the England manager what he can do. what I saw was a player devoid of confidence any kind of ability and disinterest in doing his defensive duties. The most worrying thing for him and us evertonian's is his Pulling out of 50/50's and tackling from the wrong side because he is scared to get hurt. It's no surprise this lad has suffered a leg break and if he continues to bottle every challenge he will have another one soon.

I think Barkley is the kind of player who needs to be 100% fit to be effective. He is very much an instinct player but if you're not fit then things don't come to you as quickly. I think Martinez knows this as well and is playing him into fitness and form, albeit out of position but that's because Naismith has been doing the business. Now Naismith is injured, barkley needs to take his chance and put in a good performance or 2 in behind the striker.
How is the kid gonna get fit when he just walks around the pitch looking disinterested

No it is isn't but you are hoping that he is out for 3-4 weeks rather than the week currently estimated. Doesn't sound much better than wishing an injury on him imo. Why not just wish that Martinez follows your ideas and plays Barkely as CAM rather than unnecessary discomfort on a player who, whatever you think of his performances, is a nice lad and works hard for the team.

Because its clear that wont happen and Barkley needs a run of games to establish the CAM role as his.

As I said I think Eto'o is ahead of Barkley there anyway so it doesn't really matter. I hope I'm wrong.

Right now, Osman is miles better than Barkley.

You mean yesterday he was better than Barkley then I agree but I can't really recall any other time he has. 1 decent game and Osman is Iniesta. If Osman continues to play like that in the next 10 games then I will agree but I won't hold my breath waiting.

You mean yesterday he was better than Barkley then I agree but I can't really recall any other time he has. 1 decent game and Osman is Iniesta. If Osman continues to play like that in the next 10 games then I will agree but I won't hold my breath waiting.

The Osman massive will come for you now mate

It amuses me when folks start saying "He is gash, or He is awful don't know why he gets in the team" and stuff like that.

Lets face, every one of them is probably a hundreds times better at football than the person dissing their ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.