GOT World Exclusive - video footage of the Lille police incident - CONTAINS BAD LANGUAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent post @bizzaro You should send that to Everton and/or Joe Anderson.

One thing I will say though is the 9 plain clothes police that ran in first with the batons - at first they didn't have red armbands on, but as soon as the first can was thrown at them, they suddenly put red arm bands on. The videos I posted showed that, and the still photo that @GrandOldTeam posted shows that too.

That suggests they were CRS they are notorious and there are lots of complaints about their unjustified use of CS and tear gas.

These lot are obviously lacking in training are entirely lacking in oversight. Things do get brushed under the carpet.

The French police clearly from their briefings were expecting a war.

When most blues went to watch a game of football and enjoy being in France. And spend hard earned money in France.

The French politicans need to get a grip of it.

A minor point in the grand scheme of things, but I'm fairly sure there are more than nine plain clothes police in that photo.
The guy with the shaved head, specs and beard growth, to the back, right of centre of the red marking is definitely one and I suspect the ones grappling in the centre are also.
A crazy decision to go in like that.

Just a little update on Vernon, the nickname for the guy below:

image.jpg

He literally wouldn't hurt a fly and is one of the most sensible and nicest people you'll ever meet. We were just standing by the fountain when the whole under cover police/tear gas situation went off. Out of nowhere Vernon was just kneeling down holding his head with his hands covered in blood, he was hit in the head with a rubber bullet. You'd wish that the bullet would have hit you instead if you'd ever met him. We took him over to the police showing them the bloody wound on his head, an old man and what they did, asking for help, for an ambulance to take him to hospital. They just stood there behind their shields, didn't blink an eye lid with batons in hand ready (ready as if he was about to attack them), they just weren't bothered at all and couldn't have cared less.

Anyway ... After missing the game because of being in hospital, below is a picture of him yesterday afternoon when we arrived in London. High spirits as always, begging people not to make a fuss, not letting anything get him down and looking forward to Burnley away tomorrow ...

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 132

v PSV
_110218-hooligans-lille.jpg

cop that has him round neck is I'm sure on the pics against us, probably likes to wield his baton due to Erectile Dysfunction & while he's out working his mrs has a lover that nips over from Belgium.

if you read that article about the PSV game then they couldnt handle 100 away fans so there was not chance when we rolled in.

If only their Army was as reactive to situations eh ?

No way that they are capable of 'policing' the Euro's though on this evidence, with the amount of places that folk can get to France with ease from it'll be a lot of Day-Trips as opposed to a football holiday, meaning large gatherings on the lash, which will create more of the types of scenario there was on Thursday.

Anyone else think that Greg O'Keefe needs to have a bit of a look at himself as well after 'sensationalising' the incident on Wednesday night and causing a bit of an edge ?
Everyone I spoke to said it was over as soon as it started and then they spent all night answering texts and the phone cos of what O'Keefe wrote.

View attachment 4852

He literally wouldn't hurt a fly and is one of the most sensible and nicest people you'll ever meet. We were just standing by the fountain when the whole under cover police/tear gas situation went off. Out of nowhere Vernon was just kneeling down holding his head with his hands covered in blood, he was hit in the head with a rubber bullet. You'd wish that the bullet would have hit you instead if you'd ever met him. We took him over to the police showing them the bloody wound on his head, an old man and what they did, asking for help, for an ambulance to take him to hospital. They just stood there behind their shields, didn't blink an eye lid with batons in hand ready (ready as if he was about to attack them), they just weren't bothered at all and couldn't have cared less.

Anyway ... After missing the game because of being in hospital, below is a picture of him yesterday afternoon when we arrived in London. High spirits as always, begging people not to make a fuss, not letting anything get him down and looking forward to Burnley away tomorrow ...

View attachment 4851
if he's heading rubber bullets back at the french bizzies, can we play him alongside Jags tomorrow ??

glad he's ok x

View attachment 4852

View attachment 4851
police were idoits thank god hes ok best wishs pal

image7-jpg.4834

I was walking away from the Square about 1.30 pm. with me lad and we came across that lot outside a wine shop. They were all laughing and messing around and the one with the grey hoodie, with the Mohican haircut, was trying to shove his truncheon up the backside of the one with the brown jacket and grey hoodie. Looked a right bunch of thugs out for 'some action'.

I was walking away from the Square about 1.30 pm. with me lad and we came across that lot outside a wine shop. They were all laughing and messing around and the one with the grey hoodie, with the Mohican haircut, was trying to shove his truncheon up the backside of the one with the brown jacket and grey hoodie. Looked a right bunch of thugs out for 'some action'.

sacre bleu !! really ?? in broad daylight ??

it's a totally different culture it truly is

Have you sent your video to the club or to joe anderson. Hope this doesnt get brushed aside

I have mate, I filled in that form on the Everton website. I'd urge anyone else who was there to do the same. The more people who get in touch the better. It's really important that we protect our reputation, because it will help us when we go to Germany next month.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.