Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how sterling seems to be regarded as the new english jewel. May be a bit biased but I don't think he's a patch on Ross's potential.

Ross will go on to be much the better complete player than sterling IMO. I'm sure sterling is better than Wright-Phillips but he was bigged up much the same when he was a young player.

The reason why everyone is up Sterling's pipe hole is because Barkley has been injured. The media with their short term ideals follow the mantra of "out of sight, out of mind". Only last week Alan Smith was talking about players missing for England and only at the end of rolling off the list of missing players vaguely remembered a player who goes by the name of Ross Barkley.

Once Barkley is fighting fit again he will be the name everyone talks about and then we will have the usual crap of all the media selling him. A fit and firing on all cylinders Barkley will benefit us massively and will see us surge up the table.

I can't really compare Barkley to Sterling as they are such different prospects. In my books, I don't think there are many young players in the world who have the tools that Barkley does. His combination of strength, skill and pace is a rare one and although the comparison is, at this stage, ludicrous, the player he most reminds me of in style is Zidane. If he ends up half as good as Zidane I'll be chuffed, because I don't think I've seen a better player in my lifetime.

Sterling is a fantastic player as well, who also is nowhere near his potential and should have a terrific career. But in my opinion, Barkley is something else entirely. Martinez often says how unique Barkley is, and he is dead right. The reason I loved Zidane so much was because there was nobody like him, and Barkley is shaping up in a similar way.

The Wonderful British press will get back to the Barclay transfer biz towards the weekend, after the European games are done with.

MIRROR: "BARKLEY TO MANCHESTER UNITED"

DAILY MAIL : "BARKLEY TO CHELSEA"

DAILY EXPRESS : "BARKLEY TO MANCHESTER CITY"

The S*n: "TOFFEE LADY IN SEX SCANDAL SHAME"

You couldn't make it up.

What I love about the meeedia, is that we can not win, ever.

Player signs new contract, and its the player lacking ambition, we sell a player, and its the club lacking ambition.

.....I'm afraid I'm hopeless at uploading clips or sending links, but if the above works hopefully you will get a feel for what I mean when I say Barkley reminds me of Bobby Chartlon. The powerful running style isn't obvious from this but the shooting strength off right and left is. I think Barkley has the potential to have a similar impact and that is a real accolade.

Last edited:
Everton = Barkley and Barkley = Everton.

Have you ever seen a player define a club so much as Ross does right now?
I am sure some of you who have been life long blue supporters can remember back in the day, but for the new gen toffees, I think Barkley is that player.

Judas!!!!

RossBarkleyManCity.png

Status
Not open for further replies.