Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
would you have had someone from inside as temp boss? cos im guessing martinez wouldnt have been available

it'd have been stubbs wouldnt it?! lol
It probably would have been Round, given he was assistant manager and didn't leave for United until after the season's end.

were we not 2nd or 3rd top scorers before saturday? love it when people talk absolute tripe about something they know nothing about.

So you don't think you have a problem creating chances without Barkley in the side? Fair enough. I don't watch Everton religiously so it was a obviously an outsiders perspective. You were so poor against United it was deeply deeply disappointing. Lukaku looked like he was playing on Xanax and you made them look good which in and of itself should be concerning.

Obviously it's mitigated by the number of injuries you have/had.

I think too much was made of his impact on saturday compared to previous games - it wasn't just him being out that was the problem, it was no Coleman (and Hibbert needing all kinds of covering, and offering little going forward) no Mccarthy, no fit Pienaar, no Mirallas, along with a woefully out of form/position Lukaku, frustrating players like Mcgeady doing everything right til the final ball and mad decisions to play people like Atsu who are clearly not ready yet. Yeah the villa game would've been played differently without him driving on in the way he does but its not like we're completely useless without him without a ludicrous injury crisis.

Good post and an interesting perspective. Cheers for that. I'd forgotten you're missing McCarthy. He's your heartbeat in many respects. Also I don't know what Evertonians think of Mirallas but I rate him. Think he's a very good player.

So you don't think you have a problem creating chances without Barkley in the side? Fair enough. I don't watch Everton religiously so it was a obviously an outsiders perspective. You were so poor against United it was deeply deeply disappointing. Lukaku looked like he was playing on Xanax and you made them look good which in and of itself should be concerning.

Key first teamers at that who directly impact on the way we play and the balance of the side. Effectively the side we put out against United was in many ways a B team, given the number of players who wouldn't be in the First Team with everyone fit. And we still should have taken a point

Good post and an interesting perspective. Cheers for that. I'd forgotten you're missing McCarthy. He's your heartbeat in many respects. Also I don't know what Evertonians think of Mirallas but I rate him. Think he's a very good player.
Under Moyes he was a very frustrating player, his talent obvious but highly erratic. His consistency has improved noticeably under Martinez and him getting injured early on against Liverpool wrecked our game plan especially as he usually links up with Lukaku well and loves the derby.

We are going to miss him whilst he is out.

we were relatively poor and still created plenty of chances. creating chances isnt a problem.

Thought your lot were really poor against Chelsea, fairly obvious they have overtaken you by miles this season, must be hard to take.

I'm not sure that's true. But it picks up on another irritant of 'the late Moeyesiah period': his nepotism. Working his old man and brother Goodison gold. The actions of a man who began to treat the club as his own personal fiefdom. And we know where that led in the end -revealing his hand on how he thought he was bigger than Everton.

I rate Kenwright's decision to let that man carry on as Everton manager for another 2 months after agreeing to become United boss as equally serious as his failures to get investment, a sale, or sort the stadium situation out. The feller was toxic and Kenwright allowed him to debase Everton as an organisation.
And his son is Ross Barklay's agent

We've created plenty of chances but have been poor at the back. Scored 2 against Arsenal, 3 against Chelsea, 4 against Wolfsburg. I thought against MU we were unlucjy to come away without at least a point. De Gea kept them in that game saving the chances we created. But it is true to say we are a better team with Ross and Seamus playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.