Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks to have come back very sharp which is good news for you guys. The return of him and Coleman should see you improving on what has been a pretty poor start to the season overall.

I can't help but feel Roberto Martinez talks up Barkley a little too much. Although on the other hand what can he do when it's obvious that without him in the side you really struggle to create.

The balancing act between needing him to play (in the PL especially) and respecting how young he is and the fact he will need to be rested in moments in the season is going to be a difficult one.

Looks to have come back very sharp which is good news for you guys. The return of him and Coleman should see you improving on what has been a pretty poor start to the season overall.

I can't help but feel Roberto Martinez talks up Barkley a little too much. Although on the other hand what can he do when it's obvious that without him in the side you really struggle to create.

The balancing act between needing him to play (in the PL especially) and respecting how young he is and the fact he will need to be rested in moments in the season is going to be a difficult one.

How often have you seen him play?

When Rooney left I was devastated. I used to listen to Wish you were here by Pink Floyd a lot, the lyrics (below)kinda fit the situation. I'd recommend you try it if Ross leaves!

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?
Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

He was sitting there all smug rewriting history. Fair enough, the man did a good shift for Everton (in between moaning about money one week and then saying he didn't require money the next week), but he's telling a few fibs there when he implies he brought the best out of the likes of Coleman, Barkley and (most bizarre of all) Rooney!

Could spot a decent player though. I'd have no problem with him coming back to Goodison as chief scout and head bottle washer.
Moyes old dad was the guy who spotted most of moyes signings. probably one of the best scouts in the business

I think too much was made of his impact on saturday compared to previous games - it wasn't just him being out that was the problem, it was no Coleman (and Hibbert needing all kinds of covering, and offering little going forward) no Mccarthy, no fit Pienaar, no Mirallas, along with a woefully out of form/position Lukaku, frustrating players like Mcgeady doing everything right til the final ball and mad decisions to play people like Atsu who are clearly not ready yet. Yeah the villa game would've been played differently without him driving on in the way he does but its not like we're completely useless without him without a ludicrous injury crisis.

I can't help but feel Roberto Martinez talks up Barkley a little too much.
I actually think he has to hype him. If he didn't then we'd get all manner of 'realistic' bids for him around the £25M-£35M mark, overhyping him to £50m-£60M vastly reduces the number of club who'd prepare to take the gamble and leave us with an extra £30M if someone was serious and we were going to cash in.

Moyes old dad was the guy who spotted most of moyes signings. probably one of the best scouts in the business

I'm not sure that's true. But it picks up on another irritant of 'the late Moeyesiah period': his nepotism. Working his old man and brother Goodison gold. The actions of a man who began to treat the club as his own personal fiefdom. And we know where that led in the end -revealing his hand on how he thought he was bigger than Everton.

I rate Kenwright's decision to let that man carry on as Everton manager for another 2 months after agreeing to become United boss as equally serious as his failures to get investment, a sale, or sort the stadium situation out. The feller was toxic and Kenwright allowed him to debase Everton as an organisation.

I'm not sure that's true. But it picks up on another irritant of 'the late Moeyesiah period': his nepotism. Working his old man and brother Goodison gold. The actions of a man who began to treat the club as his own personal fiefdom. And we know where that led in the end -revealing his hand on how he thought he was bigger than Everton.

I rate Kenwright's decision to let that man carry on as Everton manager for another 2 months after agreeing to become United boss as equally serious as his failures to get investment, a sale, or sort the stadium situation out. The feller was toxic and Kenwright allowed him to debase Everton as an organisation.

would you have had someone from inside as temp boss? cos im guessing martinez wouldnt have been available

it'd have been stubbs wouldnt it?! lol

were we not 2nd or 3rd top scorers before saturday? love it when people talk absolute tripe about something they know nothing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.