John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love John Stones almost as much as Naismith and Leighton Baines and Seamus Coleman and Bryan Oviedo.

He'll be back and winning games for Everton soon enough.

The bossest Centre Back in the world will be back.

I heard hes not injured, its all a ruse to get round the FFP rules, you heard anything mate?

This could potentially derail out season, without him at CB we have looked absolutely woeful at the back, even our Europa league good run could falter if the likes of wolfsburg and lille get any joy against carp like alcaraz and the has been dustbin

This could potentially derail out season, without him at CB we have looked absolutely woeful at the back, even our Europa league good run could falter if the likes of wolfsburg and lille get any joy against carp like alcaraz and the has been dustbin
Yep, Alcaraz has looked like a fish out of water when he's played.

We have one injury to a 20 year old CB and our defence looks goosed

We didn't need to sign a CB though

Reactions: FTY
We started the season with 4 fit center halves, 3 with plenty of premier league experirience and 1 who was improving with every game. To blame this crisis on selling Duffy and 'not buying a replacement' is knee jerk. I agree Hibbert isn't an ideal replacement for Coleman but he's been decent enough and Coleman will be back soon. Only Chelsea and Man City have the squad to cope with our current injury list.

go get caulker in january and david marshall from cardiff. stones is a big miss. hopefully coleman, mcarthy, and barkley can feature in our next game

We started the season with 4 fit center halves, 3 with plenty of premier league experirience and 1 who was improving with every game. To blame this crisis on selling Duffy and 'not buying a replacement' is knee jerk. I agree Hibbert isn't an ideal replacement for Coleman but he's been decent enough and Coleman will be back soon. Only Chelsea and Man City have the squad to cope with our current injury list.

Recken Martinez is cursed with defenders, he lost all his defenders at wigan to injuries.

go get caulker in january and david marshall from cardiff. stones is a big miss. hopefully coleman, mcarthy, and barkley can feature in our next game

Caulker is overrated. Seriously unimpressed with him when I've seen him - loses concentration all the time. Scores boss headers though. Wouldn't say no to Marshall like. I'd quite like Yanga-Mbiwa who's on loan at Roma and available on a free at the end of the season but that's too late I guess

Fair point. But anyone who saw alcaraz play last season knew we needed another centre half. But no evertonian or Martinez for that matter could have foreseen the 'form' of distin and jags. As it is stones our best central defender is out for 3 months. Been supporting everton all my life, never known an injury list like this to so many key players.

Status
Not open for further replies.