John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a few people calling for a extra CB in pre season. To just dismiss it as a rumour is silly.

Alcaraz - Not trusted.
Distin - 37 ish.
Jagielka - niggling injuries.
Stones - Quality but still learning.

Get Alcaraz out, Distin will retire soon, bring in a up and coming CB so we can rest jagielka or stones in the europa league.

I know a few people calling for a extra CB in pre season. To just dismiss it as a rumour is silly.

Alcaraz - Not trusted.
Distin - 37 ish.
Jagielka - niggling injuries.
Stones - Quality but still learning.

Get Alcaraz out, Distin will retire soon, bring in a up and coming CB so we can rest jagielka or stones in the europa league.
I know that people called for another young defender to partner Stones in the future. But it was never high on the list of priorities, as consensus was that a striker and back up striker was the priority in a squad so clearly lacking strikers, and that if we had the money or the inclination that a younger CB should be bought and introduced into the squad to future proof against the eventual decline of Jags and Distin. This was done through the purchase of Galloway.
But the defence was more than fine last year and most people believed it would be fine again.

I know that people called for another young defender to partner Stones in the future. But it was never high on the list of priorities, as consensus was that a striker and back up striker was the priority in a squad so clearly lacking strikers, and that if we had the money or the inclination that a younger CB should be bought and introduced into the squad to future proof against the eventual decline of Jags and Distin. This was done through the purchase of Galloway.
But the defence was more than fine last year and most people believed it would be fine again.

I agree mate, it wasnt a priority, im all for the Distin/Jags partnership being just a dip in form rather than lack of ability. I hope im proven right...

A monkey on a typewriter hitting keys at random for an infinite amount of time can write Shakespeare's complete works.
In the same way anyone making a prediction can be right once in a while.
I don't see the monkey looking for vindication nor affirmation from random strangers on the internet.
Have a gold star...

Monkeys don't have any knowledge about football injuries though, and I made my prediction in a few seconds, being much more efficient I'm sure you'll agree.

I don't see a gold star button but some rep would be nice instead pls <3

10 to 14 weeks and needs surgery.

Bugger. I didn't think it looked good. Lets just hope it isn't one of those that keeps recurring.

Jags and Distin it is then. Hopefully they will get their mojo back.

IMO the biggest talent in English football at the moment is at Everton and, no matter how long he's injured for, that is fcking sound.

Think about it though. Boss, isn't it? He's better than Wilshere, Chambers, Sterling, Berahino Barkley etc. in my opinion. And he's ours unless someone wants to give us a sh*t load of money.

How boss.

Still fuming with the injury, could be our must critical injury so far this season. was this injury caused by tiredness.
LOL. No it certainly wasn't. He's sprained an ankle and done a little ligament damage. It could have been far worse.
If he'd needed serious reattachment or strengthening surgery he would be out for 3 months alone with no contact on the leg and with an additional 3 month rehabilitation period. The 10-14 week time-frame given suggests minor surgery/or a self healing and restrengthening process.

Status
Not open for further replies.