Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said the possibility of him being loaned out again didn't exist, just that I found it unlikely and that it would be a surprise...I also did say that if it were to happen, it would be to a Primera side and not back to England nevermind Everton

As fans, we've seen a lack of leadership & motivation from the coach since Pep left...I don't know if Lucho is the answer but I know he loves the club and that he is an intense motivator...The fact that he previously coached Deulofeu and knows his longterm importance to the club, the loan has to be viewed as a form of tough love...We'll have to see if it is a successful move for everyone involved

Moreover, the loan to Sevilla isn't a confirmation that Deulofeu is unable to contribute to the first team but rather he wasn't doing enough in Lucho's eyes to warrant sufficient minutes in his continuing development...Even polls in the local papers from fans seem to be evenly divided on whether this was ultimately a good decision...We'll see

You could have just admitted you were wrong and myself and many others were right, it would have been fewer words to type.

You could have just admitted you were wrong and myself and many others were right, it would have been fewer words to type.

Unlike many in here who explain little but react or insult, I weigh in...I don't claim to be infallible even if my assessments have been largely accurate...I was wrong on Deulofeu being reloaned but it's overly simplistic to color it black or white...Let's not forget few, if any, thought he was going to even return from his Everton loan in the first place...Moreover, Lucho's assessment that he needed to work harder on the defensive end is a sentiment I have already shared

Luis Enrique is a strong personality, I feel there's more to this decision than simply tracking back but it's merely speculation on my part

I never said the possibility of him being loaned out again didn't exist, just that I found it unlikely and that it would be a surprise...I also did say that if it were to happen, it would be to a Primera side and not back to England nevermind Everton

As fans, we've seen a lack of leadership & motivation from the coach since Pep left...I don't know if Lucho is the answer but I know he loves the club and that he is an intense motivator...The fact that he previously coached Deulofeu and knows his longterm importance to the club, the loan has to be viewed as a form of tough love...We'll have to see if it is a successful move for everyone involved

Moreover, the loan to Sevilla isn't a confirmation that Deulofeu is unable to contribute to the first team but rather he wasn't doing enough in Lucho's eyes to warrant sufficient minutes in his continuing development...Even polls in the local papers from fans seem to be evenly divided on whether this was ultimately a good decision...We'll see

'I wasn't wrong, just what I said would happen didn't happen'. Brendan Rodgers could employ you as a speech writer mate.

Unlike many in here who explain little but react or insult, I weigh in...I don't claim to be infallible even if my assessments have been largely accurate...I was wrong on Deulofeu being reloaned but it's overly simplistic to color it black or white...Let's not forget few, if any, thought he was going to even return from his Everton loan in the first place...Moreover, Lucho's assessment that he needed to work harder on the defensive end is a sentiment I have already shared

Luis Enrique is a strong personality, I feel there's more to this decision than simply tracking back but it's merely speculation on my part

You were continually told he wasn't up to the quality for a regular start with us and seeing as Barca are a CL club he wouldn't be ready to successfully participate with your squad. Time and time again you insisted this wasn't the case and that he is and would be an active member of your squad this season even though everyone bar yourself could see he wasn't ready. I'd have thought you'd have the grace to admit that you've got this totally wrong and he's clearly not up to scratch yet instead you're hiding behind some comments about your manager trying to install discipline into him with "tough love".

He's a long way off being ready for any squad with ambitions of winning the league and doing well in the CL, he has ability but lacks awareness of the players around him, he's selfish and offers very little end product. Unless this is coached out of him he'll be the next big thing that never did anything with his career, like that lad you've just sold to Stoke.

His pacy dribbling was ridiculous. Soon as his decision making is sorted out, he'll be so hard to stop. Watched the newcastle highlights on Everton TV again before, he takes the piss. I'll miss his little angelic face...

O'keefe saying that he wasn't trusted by other players, you could definitely tell that at times last season I thought

Much as I liked Deulofeu and wanted him back on loan, he did crimp Coleman's style a lot.

If Coleman overlapped and Deulofeu lost the ball, Gerri would often just stand flaping his arms around and look cheesed off whilst Coleman/McCarthy had to scramble to stop the breakaway. He did seem to be getting the hang of it before his injury, then had to to relearn it on his return. By the end of the season he was improving but guess he must have forgotten it all again on his return to Barca. Coleman always celebrated enthusiastically with him but don't think James was quite as tolerant of the extra work.

Enrique will bomb at Barca this season. hes too inexperienced for such a big role (i know Guardiola was too but he was a one off).

Huge pressure on them to win the league and champions league with the money and forward line they have spent/got.

Can see them falling flat on thier faces and after his comments about us Enrque deserves it.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.