• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even going to be arsed with this. If the [Poor language removed] win the League, it's not because of Everton. It's because they deserve to win. [Poor language removed] all sakes. Is this what's it's really come to?

Granted, I'm not from Liverpool. I might miss this aspect the rivalry. Everton should play to win every match and I can't see the club or the players rolling over to try and keep the title away from the [Poor language removed].

They're [Poor language removed] indeed, but they've been quite ace this season.

Not even going to be arsed with this. If the [Poor language removed] win the League, it's not because of Everton. It's because they deserve to win. [Poor language removed] all sakes. Is this what's it's really come to?

Granted, I'm not from Liverpool. I might miss this aspect the rivalry. Everton should play to win every match and I can't see the club or the players rolling over to try and keep the title away from the [Poor language removed].

They're [Poor language removed] indeed, but they've been quite ace this season.
Agreed. Always play to win. And until we're mathematically eliminated from top 4, we should be playing like we can still get top 4. We win, and Arsenal draw, and who knows what happens at Norwich with them on the final day.

The permanent damage done to a fan's pride for his club by his wishing even just once for his team to lose a match cannot be under-estimated. There may be no going back.

With all due respect: absolute hogwash. Every one of us is proud of the way the team has played this year (save for one or two tired-looking efforts recently) and will be 100% behind them next season.

Martinez understands the rivalry, the players understand the rivalry; I don't believe any of them would be so unprofessional as to throw a match, so please give the hand-wringing a rest.

What are people not getting here?! It's not about the Liverpool team winning, their strikers have been in unbelievable form, ect ect.
It's about the absolute gobsh*tes that 'support' them. Their behaviour is extremely disturbing. It needs to be seen to be believed. #f*ckinYAWN bloody everything. If you're not in the city or have enough of the melts on FB, you just don't know.
That said, we win, we win- but if we lose- meh..

City win.

Everton beat hull.

Job done, great last day atmosphere celebrating a good season and the other shower bottling it big time.

There's your momentum for a great summer and next season.

With the greatest of respects you live in Germany. I wouldn't be arsed about Liverpool either if I lived a thousand miles away from the city most largely populated by their nutcase fans.

I concede this may play a significant part. Fozzy did a poll on this but it was shut down.

Oh and this is bollocks. I want us to lose but I'll have a season ticket next year and celebrate every win just as much. Just not one which hands them the title when we've got nothing to play for.

How can you say you'll celebrate every win when you're already not gonna celebrate our win vs Man City this weekend? What if next season our result may damage Liverpool's chances of a top 4 spot, or another title, or whatever. Will you again support our opposition to spite them?

With due respect, I'm not the one talking bollocks.

With all due respect: absolute hogwash. Every one of us is proud of the way the team has played this year (save for one or two tired-looking efforts recently) and will be 100% behind them next season.

Again, this is the hogwash, not my posts. See reasoning above. None of you can say you'll 100% be behind the team next season, as you're setting a dangerous precedent for yourselves right now.

comment from Osman:
"with us playing first and being able to put the pressure back on Arsenal, it will be a good thing for us.."
what you mean like last weekend against Southampton when we still had a great chance?....or when we played Palace?...

We will play to win but loose city already messed up once Carnt see them doing it again.

i can definitely see city messing it up...my worry is they beat us and then lose to Villa...they have some brilliant players, but very little character...only won the league 2 years ago because Barton lost the plot and QPR stopped playing when they reaslised they were safe.....

Us beating City DOESNT make Liverpool champions, they still have to beat Palace and Newcastle and City still have to win there other 2 games. We could end up 7th, no guantee we will beat Hull, and what if we lose and Arsenal lose to West Brom them Norwich.

Seems to me that people on this site care more about Liverpool then they do Everton.

Roberto's press conference will be interesting if he's asked about it

no it won't....
he'll smile and say No these outside things don't effect us as a group, we've a really really good opportunity to do something special here and we will continue you to try to do that......then something about the unique Goodison atmosphere for an evening kick off and a big game situation....

I reckon I've spoke to between 20/25 Everton fans this week (all scouse not that it should matter) and every single 1 wants us to loose, quite rightly in my opinion.
I can see there being trouble in the ground this week though between the self professed super blues who want us to win and the terrible blues who want us to loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.