• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some of us harboured doubts as to whether Bill would take us forward, but there's always some glass half empty, negative, individuals in every fanbase. Now we have a new stadium being built and Bill's lined up our own masive investment from Far Eastern oil money, it seems clear we have been very fortunate to have him on side.

Great, can we all agree that I was right all along then?

regarding the theory that a Liverpool title win would set us back years, how does anyone know this? What are you basing this on? The last time Liverpool were winning titles, so were we. Who's to say we won't challenge them toe-to-toe next season?

This whole thing is excrutiatingly-defeatist & small-time, it could dangerously set us back much more than any RS title would. If the players feel their fans aren't supporting their best efforts, they may look for a club that does.

Seamus, Ross, Macca...would they want to play for a club who's fans value more the suffering of a rival club over their own best efforts? Would Martinez want to be part of a fanbase like that?

Really, there is no need for this petty name calling.........

just referring in jest to his avatar :) enjoyed your sparring earlier, about time someone spoke of the value of integrity. A big part of Evertoniasm is built on just that.

The permanent damage done to a fan's pride for his club by his wishing even just once for his team to lose a match cannot be under-estimated. There may be no going back.

regarding the theory that a Liverpool title win would set us back years, how does anyone know this? What are you basing this on? The last time Liverpool were winning titles, so were we. Who's to say we won't challenge them toe-to-toe next season?

This whole thing is excrutiatingly-defeatist & small-time, it could dangerously set us back much more than any RS title would. If the players feel their fans aren't supporting their best efforts, they may look for a club that does.

Seamus, Ross, Macca...would they want to play for a club who's fans value more the suffering of a rival club over their own best efforts? Would Martinez want to be part of a fanbase like that?

With the greatest of respects you live in Germany. I wouldn't be arsed about Liverpool either if I lived a thousand miles away from the city most largely populated by their nutcase fans.

just referring in jest to his avatar :) enjoyed your sparring earlier, about time someone spoke of the value of integrity. A big part of Evertoniasm is built on just that.

The permanent damage done to a fan's pride for his club by his wishing even just once for his team to lose a match cannot be under-estimated. There may be no going back.

Oh and this is bollocks. I want us to lose but I'll have a season ticket next year and celebrate every win just as much. Just not one which hands them the title when we've got nothing to play for.

What kind of message would it send out to Roberto if he thinks some fans want his team to lose?

I can't bring myself to wish defeat upon my own team, and certainly not for Liverpool.

I am sure Roberto knows how a sizeable of Blues, probably a majority of us from what I am hearing talking to Blues as I go about my business, feel about it.

And I bet he understands fully, as he has really immersed himself in all things Everton.

He will send his team out to win, of course.....but I am certain he won't think any less of the fans who are torn over this matter.

He loves the passion that big city rivalries inspire.

Its settled then.......

City to get the 3 points at the weekend to crank up the pressure. The city cannot afford that club to win the league. Especially the way they have navigated the roads to get where they are. NO !!!

If Everton win, then hey, Everton win! A win Saturday could be a real momentum builder for next season. We'll be on center stage and lying down on purpose wouldn't broadcast the best image for potential players wanting to come here would it? Imagine someone like say GOT heartthrob Dusan Tadic is watching this game at home and sees a lack of effort or 'setting up' City players for goals as some of us are suggesting. Of course it wouldn't happen but what would he think? Definitely not "I want to come here!!!1!" If we win this game (not crazy) and Arsenal draw West Brom (slightly crazier) then we're in with a slim chance aren't we?

A loss of course kills (edit: takes the buzz off of our) momentum for next season but we may lose anyway with all the injuries. But knowing what a loss does for the title race doesn't hurt we the fans that much and it stops L'pool winning the league so hey it's a bonus. The dream scenario is an Everton win and a Palace win of course but we'll keep expectations low.

Last edited:

Well losing three of our last what six matches (not counting Hull) isn't the best way to head into the summer.
lad im pretty sure it will all be forgotten about well before they start playing a few rounds of golf and sunning it on a beach, drinking cocktails on the island of idontgiveashite, with its opaque waters surrounding it.

im hoping for an everton win but we won't even have to lose on purpose, we're injured and worn out. will miss barry's presence in the midfield along with distin's pace at the back. although demichelis might help us out haha

Status
Not open for further replies.